Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zero tolerance?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Zero tolerance?

i know this forum does not get much attention, but I was wondering how many of you carry for EDC and use zero Tolerance knives and how well they hold up or how much abuse they can take. I just bought a few and so far I really like them.
    "I have not failed I have just found 10 thousand ways that won't work", T. Edison

Posts liked by others
    I just got a Zero Tolerance yesterday and so far I like it. I thought when I opened the package that it was kinda bulky, but after handling it a while, the size is just right. So now when I'm at work and can't carry my pistol, I have the ZT in a sheaf on my left side and my Strider in my right pocket.

Posts liked by others
    I have carried a folding knife every day for the past 20 years or so. Zero Tolerance? Never heard of them.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
    I have carried a folding knife every day for the past 20 years or so. Zero Tolerance? Never heard of them.
    ZT is a division of KAI USA (aka Kershaw). Their focus is military/LE style folding knives. I don't own one personally, my 10+ year old Spyderco is still holding up fine, so can't comment on quality first hand, but if Kershaw USA is involved, I'm guessing it will be pretty good.
    "The 1911 was the design, given by God to us through John M. Browning, that represents the epitome of what a killing tool needs to be. It was true in 1911 and it's true now." - Col. Robert Coates commanding, U.S. Marine Corp Special Operations Command Detachment 1 (DET 1)

Posts liked by others
    so far I have bought 3 801, 566 and 0200 they seem to be high quality and sharp as a razor blade, I think the 801 is my favorite it opens by ball bearings at the blade and opens as fast and much smoother than the assist opening, plus don't have to worry about it opening in pocket unintentionally
    "I have not failed I have just found 10 thousand ways that won't work", T. Edison

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    ... but I was wondering how many of you carry for EDC ...
    You mean there are people who do NOT carry a knife with them every day?!?!!?!?
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org
    Likes (1) :
    troutslayer (17th November 2020)

Posts liked by others
    I have had Kershaw knives over the years. My favorite was my DW Officer, which I left on the front bumper of a customer's car. I now carry a Swiss Army Knife.....every day for the last 20 years.
    Beauty is skin deep but ugly goes right to the bone.

Posts liked by others
    ... but I was wondering how many of you carry for EDC ...
    You mean there are people who do NOT carry a knife with them every day?!?!!?!?

thinking the same thing John, I have had one in my pocket on on belt for over 50 years!

Posts liked by others
    After acquiring several nice knives, I find the knife I use daily is a Benchmade. I carried a Gerber for many years before losing it.

Posts liked by others
    I just bought an 0350. Only had it for about a week so can't comment on its durability. First impression is it is very well made though bulky. The spring assist works great and is on par with my Benchmade that I've carried for a long time.

So far I am impressed.
    Last edited by DVMCLD; 10th December 2014 at 04:41. Reason: added word

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast