Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: New Ed Brown Special Forces Carry-3 week lead time!

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

New Ed Brown Special Forces Carry-3 week lead time!

The owner of my LGS got a small list of 1911s from his Ed Brown rep that customers had ordered, but backed out on. Apparently this happens from time to time with the custom 1911s. The reps call the LGS and they're able to turn the cancelled guns pretty quickly. So-long story short, I was in the right place at the right time and was able to get in on one of these cancellations today. Its a Special Forces Carry with the G4 finish and G10 grips. Ed Brown is going to add a short trigger and thin grips for me since I have small hands. The grips are back-ordered so its going to take an extra week. I could've had it this week as is, but I'd rather wait and get it built exactly how I want it. Before stopping into my LGS, I had called Wilson, Baer, Nighthawk, Springfield CS, and Ed Brown. The lead times were long for a custom gun. Not ridiculously long, but anywhere from 6-9 months depending on what you wanted. I just figured I would poke around locally, and I hit the jackpot!!! I'll post pics and a range report when I get it. I feel like I hit the lottery!

Posts liked by others
    You did hit the lottery. Have fun!
    SEMPER FI

Posts liked by others
    Putting a short trigger and thin grips on the gun doesn't make it a "Custom" M1911 any more than ordering factory options for your new car before delivery. It's just a stock Ed Brown. I have two of them. High end, hand made, quality production pistols.

Beware the Gen4 finish is soft, don't use a metal bushing wrench. I took the finish off the front of my SF slide...

-- Chuck
    Last edited by Chuck S; 12th August 2014 at 17:48.

Posts liked by others
    Very nice!

My Special Forces came in on Friday. It was ordered on July 15th. My dealer did the same thing - but they only had a couple of stainless Special Forces IIIs in. I wanted the original chainlink. So, I got stuck waiting. I was told a 90 day wait, but I got it in just over 60 days. I could live with that. The 12-18-24 month wait some other brands have would have been a deal breaker for me. I've done that before.... By the time I got the gun, I had lost interest in it...