Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruger Commander SR1911

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Ruger Commander SR1911

Had been looking at it for a few days, walked in and laid my money down yesterday. As much as I have enjoyed my Springfield Loaded model, the new Ruger seems to have it on fit, finish, and trigger. I have only put 70 rounds through it, but the accuracy is on par with the Springer, so I am very pleased.
    SR1911.jpg
    Likes (1) :
    deputy tom (11th March 2019)

Last edited by High Desert Hunter; 27th July 2014 at 00:54.

Posts liked by others
    I have had mine since Jan 2013 and it is still doing great. Had it out this last weekend but only shot about 150 rounds through it. Still love it.
    NRA Life Member

Posts liked by others
    I have 250 rounds loaded up for this weekend, hope to shoot them all. I'm thinking this will replace my full size Springer as my carry piece.

Posts liked by others
    Congrats Hunter! Great pic of a really good 1911. My CMD, as well as my 5" Ruger, were two of my "best buys" in my safe.

Skip

Posts liked by others
    SR1911wHolster.jpg

Mine rarely sees the inside of my safe! Here it is with the new holster my friend made for me, nicely tanned cowhide, with a touch of elephant. I only have around 400 rounds through it so far, but it has run and run.

Posts liked by others
    I've had a 1911CMD about a year; probably 500 rds. thru it. It functions well but I don't feel the accuracy is what it should be and the trigger is very heavy. Much prefer my 10 year old Kimber Ultra for function and accuracy. A little more pricy but is a much better shooter. Just my opinion!

Mick

Posts liked by others
    I can't say enough good about my CMD. The front sight did go for a flyer and Ruger promptly replaced it, but other than that, it's very accurate, great sight picture, and shoots anything that's fed into it. Smooth action. The trigger is on par with my RIA's and lighter than my Colt. I regularly shoot it quite well out to 100 yd. It's what I grab first as my goto carry pistol.

James - wishing his old Colt was as nice,,, but it will be
    If you're about to stir the pot, you better be prepared to lick the spoon.

Posts liked by others
    Nice looking piece. As a side note, all the markings on the gun and magazines were done with my lasers. Its still neat to see products out there that my machines marked.

Posts liked by others
    I got a Combat Commander XSE and a SR1911COM about a month apart in Jan and Feb, 2013. I like both very much, but if I HAD to choose one it would probably be the Ruger.
    Just as an aside, I recently took the Crimson Trace laser grips off my Talo LW Commander 38 Super and put them on the Ruger. The POI didn't change enough to have to adjust them.

Posts liked by others
    Time for an update, a little over 1K rounds and counting, still functioning flawlessly. I really enjoy this pistol, thinking of picking up a lightweight Commander.
    Likes (1) :
    deputy tom (11th March 2019)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast