Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: John Moses Browning

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    I guess that settles the January 21/23 debate.
    In this case Tom, but both Tom Horn's & Doc Holliday's tombstones are incorrect, fwiw.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." - Jeff Cooper
    Last edited by OD*; 24th January 2006 at 06:48.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Quincannon
    I'm with Hunter- I celebrated Mr. Browning's birth by picking up a nice example of his inventive genius at my dealer's place. Hope to obtain still more examples in the near future. (I know, "THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICTURES", ETC!!!)
    Not only that, but also ...

I HATE YOU!!!!
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IslandersFan
    I'd like to add a couple images I found while searching the Internet - the grave marker for John M. Browning and the Browning family plot in Ogden, UT.

The family plot

JMB's grave marker

I guess that settles the January 21/23 debate.

Rest well, O Father of Automatic Fire.
    Look at what a man can do to reach his 1911th post. Tom drove all the way to Utah, to snap those pictures and post them here, so he can earn the title of Mentor!!!! LoL
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Posts liked by others
    Just proves the lengths I will go to for you and this Forum, John.

Quote Originally Posted by OD*
    ... but both Tom Horn's & Doc Holliday's tombstones are in correct, fwiw.
    I didn't know that. Sure, I guess stone engravers could make a mistake, or be given poor information. And without birth certificates this will be a hard one to prove or bust, as they say on Mythbusters.

But I'd put money on the January 23rd date. Again, we're talking about Mormons here, a group of people who are fanatical about genealogy.
    "I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and ... I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot
    Tom - Resident Computer Geek
    Have a computer or Forum question? Visit our very own M1911.ORG Help Desk and ask!

Posts liked by others
    I'm with you Tom, I think his grandson would know and as you stated, with the Mormons history for genealogy.

(in correct? Duh on me )
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." - Jeff Cooper

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    OK, this is as good a place as any to post this:

Some years ago, a certain gentleman, by the name Bob Prince, owner of a shop called Cast & Blast (a Browning dealer among other activities), somewhere in US (I'll try to find where), emailed me and told me he was the great-great grandson of John Moses and that he was happy to see how well I presented his grand-grand father in M1911.ORG. He was so happy he wanted to offer me a 1911 as a gift.

Well, indeed this fine gentleman purchased a 1911 for me, and then per my request, he send it to my friend Alan Tillman in Texas to customize it to my wish. Alan then returned the pistol to Bob, who then had it exported to Greece, to me. I still have that pistol of course, and I treasure it.

My problem is that after some years, during which we were in contact with Bob, I lost him. My emails bounced, his web site was nowhere to be found and that was it.

So my request for you gentlemen, is this: If you know Bob, or if you have met him and you know how I can reach him, please let me know. I want to speak to him again, even though I am afraid that he is no longer among us.

If you have anything, please let me know.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Look at what a man can do to reach his 1911th post. Tom drove all the way to Utah, to snap those pictures and post them here, so he can earn the title of Mentor!!!! LoL
    ROTFL!!!!!!!!
    That is hilarious! You must be a real fun guy to hang out with!
    Woooo.....now that I've stopped laughing so hard my eyes are watering, on a more serious note, John Browning and his family were/are very serious about their faith and as someone pointed out, geneology is a primary part of the belief system of Mormons. I won't go into why cause that would violate the rules.

BTW - does my purchase of a new Kimber Eclipse Ultra on the 21st qualify as a commemoration to this great man? I'm going to say yes...

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkZF6
    ROTFL!!!!!!!!
    That is hilarious! You must be a real fun guy to hang out with!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SharkZF6
    BTW - does my purchase of a new Kimber Eclipse Ultra on the 21st qualify as a commemoration to this great man? I'm going to say yes...
    It sure does! And may I say that "I HATE YOU"??

Nothing personal, I just hate it when you guys brag about buying a new pistol, while I am still waiting for the new law, which will allow me to have up to 5 of them (from the current stupid limit of two only).
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Posts liked by others
    TY for sharing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12