Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Colt XSE Government - (Night) Sights

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Post Colt XSE Government - (Night) Sights

Perhaps I fit into a minority of 1911 CCW users, but I had a hard time finding the correct night sights & specs for my XSE Gov't model. I bought one this year as my first and carry gun.

Posting this here in case someone else is scouring the web for the same information.

Both the front and rear sights are dovetailed, though seems like the Novak cut sights aren't standard. The only "off the shelf" set that supposedly fits is the Meprolight (ML10778), but according to Brownells, it is "No longer deliverable by the Factory" (whatever that means - discontinued?). If you happen to get your hands on it though, it's only green lamps.

I made a mistake and tried getting the Trijicon CA22 - but the rear sight notch is much bigger than the sight that came with that kit.

So... I ended up going to Novak and ordering a set. They cost about the same as the Meprolight in total but you can pick different colors (green, yellow, orange) for the rear.

Front: DFS02-6 (http://0311ef3.netsolstores.com/tritiumdotfront.aspx)
    Rear: LMC03 (http://0311ef3.netsolstores.com/tritiumdot.aspx)

Use this page to access other options: http://novaksights.com/products/sigh...oltcomgov.html

The factory specs I measured:
    Front: Blade height = 0.180" (measured the dot side of the blade)
    Rear: Fixed, Standard Height 0.325", Standard Notch 0.125"

I ended up getting a wide notched rear. Got the set in the mail today. They match the factory installed Novaks exactly (except wider notch, but that was my own preference). Noticed they are also Trijicon lamps

IMG_3432.jpg

IMG_3434.jpg

IMG_3436.jpg

IMG_3437.jpg

IMG_3438.jpg

Posts liked by others
    It might just be the angle in the pic, but the new front appears to be a bit longer.

LHS

Posts liked by others
    pretty sure it's the camera angle. here is the front sight installed:

IMG_3444.jpg

Posts liked by others
    Perfect.

LHS