Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Two guns missing in Flint, TX- 4/12/2014

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Two guns missing in Flint, TX- 4/12/2014

Just finished giving the info to the Sheriff's Dept., said he would try and enter all the info in the database (couldn't find evidence of a break in). I had one .45 -Springfield Range Officer #NM 242142 and a 9mm -Sig Sauer P-229 #AHU 01075 taken from my Jeep sitting in the driveway. I'm in the process of loading it for a trip to SLC.

Posts liked by others
    I gotta ask, how long was the vehicle left unattended "while you were loading it for a trip?" Nothing good comes from leaving firearms in an unattended vehicle. I'm not looking to beat you up here, but why wouldn't you put the guns in last, just before driving off, "on your trip?"

Posts liked by others
    At the most, I'd say 2-3 minutes. Long enough for me to walk back inside and get another load. The guns were loaded first so they would be packed under other stuff. They are not my normal carry guns and was just planning to have them for weekend shooting. My trip is actually a job for the next two to three months.

Posts liked by others
    Sorry to hear of your misfortune. I had a S&W model 10 stolen out of my van years ago. I hate theives! After a couple of years the PD called to say they recovered it in a bust. Never thought I'd see it again. Sometimes even a blind sow gets an ear of corn now and then. Good luck.
    SEMPER FI

Posts liked by others
    Did you or the police canvas the area for surveillance camers?

Posts liked by others
    I made a report to a Smith Co. Sheriff's deputy , who ended up deciding NOT to enter my information into NCIC. I was finally able to speak to a detective and he entered all info into the database. As for cameras in our neighborhood, they don't exist. We all know each other up and down our street and there aren't any rental houses in our subdivision that I know of. We'll see if they turn up, I'm not 100% convinced they are entered into NCIC.