Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why I hate Fujifilm X100

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I do not know what it is due to, what I know is, that it is silly. I am going to try and shoot this again with my Nikons, somehow I do not think I'll see this blobs around light sources.
    Try a few different lenses boss, preferably fixed focal length.
    When I used to shoot night automobile races, I reached for my Nikkor 105 f2.5 and 85 f1.8 and stop down to f8 for the static into the light shots.
    Beauty is skin deep but ugly goes right to the bone.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    LoRL, great idea, only this stupid camera has a fixed 23mm f/2 lens (equivalent to 35mm in a full frame). So changing it would be kind of .... difficult.

As soon as I can find some time, I am going to shoot the exact same shot with the Fuji, the D700 with the 35mm f/2 Nikkor and the D300 with the 20mm f/2.8 Nikkor, just to compare things.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Oh....wide angle lens.....then it would be my 24 f2.8..The wider the lens the more the that ghosting occurs. All the reason more to stop it down and use the center of the glass.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    But this is not ghosting, you can see some ghosting towards the middle of the picture, below the parked car.

I need to check if these things show up also, in .jpg pictures, the above was shot in raw.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Posts liked by others
    Yeah...ghosting was the wrong term....notice how that light blur is to the left the light source on the left of the frame and to the right of the light source on the right of the frame?

Posts liked by others
    I feel your pain. This camera was rated at the top of its class.

RayC

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    IT is an excellent camera for day light photography. Small size, light, excellent lens, but it has so many strange things, as if whoever designed the firmware had never taken a picture before in his life. I am now used to most of them, but that halo thing keeps bothering me, whenever I take a night shot.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12