Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Warranty issue with American Classic Commander 1911 in 9mm

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Warranty issue with American Classic Commander 1911 in 9mm

Having owned my ACC 1911 9mm for about 10 months, today I tried to reach someone to address a warranty issue.

Trying to contact MetroArms or Bersa has been an exercise in frustration.

I called during their stated business hours, & MetroArms has a recording (giving stated hours )
    & suggesting I call back later. They add that," the message box is full."..

Tried this several times, before giving up. This was Not encouraging.

Tried contacting one of their designated waranty stations (in MN) per their website instructions,
    and was told they (warranty station) need authorization, from Metro arms, before anything can be done.

According to MetroArms, shipping for any repair is the responsibility of the purchaser.

As anyone who's had to pay to ship a pistol has learned, it is very expensive.

I was hoping I could send just the barrel (which I feel is defective) for assessment & replacement,
    to minimize return cost, as I could ship this part without the same trouble & cost of returning the entire firearm.

The warranty station rep told me this was not possible, that the entire gun has to be shipped to them
    for any evaluation or repair. If repair work isn't under warranty, an estimate for repair is sent to owner.

My post had 2 purposes:

1st, to ask if anyone here has dealt with factory repair by Metro Arms, &
    if you have, do you have any suggestions on getting in contact with someone in this company ?
    How would you rate the quality of their repair ? (I ask this, having experienced poor warranty
    work by another factory repair facility)

2nd to bring to awareness several of MetroArms policies..including:

MetroArms only waranties their American Classic pistols for 1 year,
    & only to the origional purchaser, (warranty is NOT transferable)

these limitations may not be exclusive to MetroArms, but they are printed
    in fine print, toward the end of the owners manual.

I feel these are important factors for anyone contemplating the purchase of a American Classic pistol,
    & should be taken into consideration, before making a decision for purchase. Joepistol.
    Last edited by joepistol; 3rd March 2014 at 18:41.

Posts liked by others
    You shouldn't be calling Bersa because they don't make the American Classic. As for Metro Arms, if you can reach them, they will refer you to Eagle Imports:

http://www.metroarms.com/warrantyac

Look for the warranty tab. You will have your best luck by contacting one of their warranty centers

All BERSA, METROARMS CORPORATION (American Classic, MAC, SPS), and COMANCHE pistols and revolvers in need of service must be sent directly to one of our warranty repair centers listed below. ...

PLEASE DO NOT SEND FIREARMS TO THE NEW JERSEY OFFICE FOR REPAIR, this will only delay your repair, as there is no gunsmith at this facility.

Send your firearm, magazine, copy of photo ID (TEXAS WARRANTY CENTER ONLY), FFL (if a dealer), and a brief note with your contact information and a description of the problem. Do not send ammunition. You are responsible for the shipping costs to send your firearm in for repair. Only FFL holders may ship via USPS, all others must use UPS or FedEx.

Colorado Gunworks, 2333 State Road 67 South, Lyons, IN 47443
    Tel: 812-659-4867
    email: cgwgunsmith@coloradogunworks.com

Reynerson's, 10044 Hooper Rd., Baton Rouge, LA 70818
    Tel: 225-261-4860 Fax: 225-261-4865
    email: reynersons@gmail.com

Ahlman's, 9525 W. 230th Street, Morristown, MN 55052
    Tel: 507-685-4243 or 4244 Fax: 507-685-4280
    email: mikeahlman@hotmail.com

JGE, 156 CR 305, Lott, TX 76656
    Tel: 254-749-7940
    email: johnsgunsetc@gmail.com

The Gun Doctor, 60690 Stoney Point Rd., Vernonia, OR 97064
    Tel: 503-429-7342
    email: Wolfgang@WolfgangTheGunDoctor.com
    Please visit the "Shipping/Repair Info" page of The Gun Doctor's website, http://www.wolfgangthegundoctor.com/...epairInfo.html for useful, legal & money-saving tips before shipping your pistol.

Some dealers, like Davidson's offer a lifetime warranty on the Metro Arms, so you might contact whoever you bought the gun from. Also, the store where you bought the gun may get you a better price if they ship it for you.
    Last edited by Qwiksdraw; 4th March 2014 at 19:30.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks Qwiksdraw,
    I read the website info..(several times) I was attempting to reach MetroArms by phone & my attemps were as described in my first post.
    I spoke with Ahlman's (closest repair facility to me) they're the one informed me that I couldn't just send in the barrel, needed the entire firearm for warranty
    work. I purchased the pistol from an online dealer (Bud's) so, no dealer help is availiable. I may just purchase a replacement barrel if I can't get the company
    to respond. A replacement barrel will probably be highwer quality & won't cost much more than 2 way shipping, to send it in for repair.
    Too bad the company doesn't offer better customer service. Though I like the pistol I purchased, doubt I'll purchase another MetroArms product.

Posts liked by others
    Bud's still advertises the American Classics like they are made by Bersa. However, you should still try to get Bud's to help you out. I have read they have done good things with other brands.

Don't give up on MetroArms. I have called Eagle Imports for customer support and they have been very good. And ext time you look to buy, go to a dealer with Davidson's Gun Genie and get a lifetime warranty.

Posts liked by others
    My similar experience with Metro Arms is why I have refused to purchase another of their products. I will simply hold out for a Rock Island product with better service and better manufacturing from everything I've heard...
    That said, when I had issues with their product, I emailed eagle importers and explained the issue I was having and they offered to send me parts to replace those that were defective in the original pistol.. Bit of a wait, but a satisfactory response.
    James

Posts liked by others
    Your experience with Eagle Imports is very opposite to mine. I have both MetroArms and Bersa products and had no problems the few times I needed something from them.

I hope things work out for you. RIA makes a good gun too.