Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Took Me Awhile !!!

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Took Me Awhile !!!

I finally did it. I first lusted after the Kobra Carry when EB started building them but kept putting it off due to the price. And I've been very happy with my Colt's.
    What finally made me do it was that I was turning 50 this last January, so a big point in my life deserved something truly special.

Here she is !

Posts liked by others
    Of course you have to truly make her your own so right of the bat I ordered up some VZ Slants in Predator Green.

Posts liked by others
    Shortly after I installed the VZ's, I saw these Madrona grips on Sarges sights and just had to have them. Installed them last night. Thanks Sarge !!!

Posts liked by others
    Very Nice. I'll bet it cost a pretty penny.

RayC

Posts liked by others
    Now as for a range report I've only shot 50 rounds of WWB through her so far. Only at seven yards and getting a feel for her. She shot flawlessly with no hiccups going back and forth with a friend of mine and shooting my Combat Elite beside her. Recoil difference between the two was negligible and the snakeskin gave us both a secure grip. After shooting her and reflecting upon it, I realized as to why I've always installed arched mainspring housings on my 1911's. I always told myself it was cause they pointed better that way. What I realized was that it was the feel of the rounded grip towards the bottom. The KC just felt natural in my hands so much the I'm entertaining bobtailing the grip on my LW Commander. I'll be taking her out in the morning and running some Ranger T's through her alongside my other 1911's and that New Agent that followed me home Friday night.
    And since I don't want her scratched up by my kydex holsters, I ordered a nice leather one from Tucker leather. Just like this one on this borrowed picture.

Just another 5 weeks or so of waiting.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by RayC View Post
    Very Nice. I'll bet it cost a pretty penny.

RayC
    Thanks RayC. Would you believe I got Cabelas to knock of $400 of the price. I turned and started to walk away saying I'd see on elsewhere sometime and made me a deal I couldn't refuse.

Posts liked by others
    Wow, I never figured Cabela's would make deals. I'll have to keep that in mind since I've always thought that their prices were a little inflated. Good looking grips. Good taste in knives too, that's my EDC.
    SEMPER FI

Posts liked by others
    Love my Kershaws.

Put another 100 rounds of WWB plus 50 of Winchester Ranger T's through her today. Flawless with no hiccups. The Kobra Carry and the Combat Elite are my two favorite 1911's. I'm not going to choose a favorite between the two cause I've had the CE for almost 24 years but I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another Ed Brown if I could afford it. Interestingly the Colt New agent also shot flawlessly with the same ammo so other than a few problems with the LW Commander a fun day at the range.

Gratuitous 1911 pic

Posts liked by others
    Sweet Brown, sweet grips, and sweet leather! Only problem with waiting till you turned 50 to get it, you'll only have another 40 or 50 years to enjoy her!
    Congrats,
    Skip

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by skipper49 View Post
    Sweet Brown, sweet grips, and sweet leather! Only problem with waiting till you turned 50 to get it, you'll only have another 40 or 50 years to enjoy her!
    Congrats,
    Skip
    Thanks Skipper. I'm just hoping I make another 10.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast