Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Classic Custom Age Question

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Classic Custom Age Question

I am looking at an Ed Brown Classic Custom in the 4170 range. Anyone have info on when it was built?

Posts liked by others
    I have no idea how EB serializes their pistols. My no more than 10 year old Kobra Carry is in the 1100 range and the new last July SF is is the 15,000 range. The Classic Custom on the EB website photos is 5003 so the one you're looking at is only a few hundred earlier than that one. Who knows how many are made a year? Not me!

Got a photo? There have been changes in the slide roll marks thru the years. My new SF carries the marking "Custom by Ed Brown" like below (stock photo) on the right side of the slide. The Kobra Carry is just marked Kobra Carry.

But really there should be no difference in the guns vs. age. Any problems and just sent them the pistol for repair/restoration.

There are several things I don't like on the Classic Custom but that's another discussion. If we all though alike there'd be no need for the 100 page Brownells M1911 catalog!

-- Chuck
    Last edited by Chuck S; 2nd March 2014 at 13:37.