Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ed Brown Executive Carry

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    I'm unfamiliar with cooling fins on a M1911. Please explain. Are you referring to forward cocking serrations?
    Since no one should or would put their fingers so close to the muzzle these can't be "forward cocking serrations." Only other possible explanation is they're cooling fins.

A two piece guide rod is listed as a standard accessory on their order sheet.
    Brown will build the pistol anyway you want it. Even if it interferes with things. Anything but relieve the front lower corner of the ejection port.

-- Chuck

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
    Since no one should or would put their fingers so close to the muzzle these can't be "forward cocking serrations." Only other possible explanation is they're cooling fins.
    I thought those were gills so the pistol can breathe better.

Posts liked by others
    I strongly dislike cocking serrations or "cooling fins" on the front of a 1911 or any firearm slide...

Posts liked by others
    I'd have to agree. To be honest, I have misgivings about any rear serrations that are not vertical too. It's hard to find good quality guns that adhere to the original style slide serrations.

Tim

Posts liked by others
    Just curious: Is 88E30 an old MOS?

-- Chuck

Posts liked by others
    No, my MOS in the AF was 42775 IIRC (I've been out a long time, so I may be wrong there). 88E30M50 is a project descriptor for my fitting of a late model 4 valve M50 engine into a 1988 BMW E30.

Tim

Posts liked by others
    Even more esoteric! Where'd ya find the M50 engine? Move the drive train too?

-- Chuck

Posts liked by others
    Found the M50 in a wrecked E36 up in Wisconsin. The entire drivetrain was moved over with the exception of the diff. That will move over once I swap the E36 internals into the E30 case. It's been a fun project and is pretty much complete except for a couple minor bullet list items and the diff.

Posts liked by others
    Wildly off topic but let us see it when you're done. And maybe the time slips!

-- Chuck

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123