Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ed Brown Executive Carry

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Ed Brown Executive Carry

I just bought this EB Exec Carry today. I have not shot it yet, but already love the thing. Very nice fit and finish. Is there any way to determine the age of an Ed Brown pistol based on S/N?

Posts liked by others
    After going through the stainless steel phase on my 1911s, I am reverting back to the carbon steel with a blued finish. This one seems to have a very nice patina, so color me green.

Posts liked by others
    Sweet pistol! Put there is no serial number visible on this pistol so we can't help much. Should be on the other side.

The other side of my Kobra Carry is bare like your Executive Carry Both slide and frame. I've had this pistol probably 9 years or so. The slide markings have changed over the years. No dates on the tritium sights?

I had the front lower corner of the ejection port relieved to allow reliable ejection of live FMJ cartridges during training. Brown doesn't (won't!) do this for reasons unknown.

Mine's as worn as yours but the stainless hides even the scratches at most viewing angles.

-- Chuck

Posts liked by others
    Both look absolutely perfect!

Chuck, I recall Luke Volkmann mentioning that while he was at Ed Brown's he built KCs up into the 2000 serial number range, so there is a good chance you have a pistol that he worked on. I wish my KC looked as good as yours. Mine is only a few years old but has had a tough life - seeing daily carry and occasionally rolling around in gravel, etc. It really could use media blasting but every dent, ding, scratch and gouge are special to me.

88E30M50 - Give Brown a call. They should have the history on your pistol.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks, will do on the call. The serial number on mine is 2700. The night sights are fresh which leads me to believe the gun may be older than 6 or 7 years if the night sights were dimming enough to warrant replacement. I'm hoping to make it out to the range at lunch tomorrow to see how she runs. I have high hopes that I may have found a partner for life.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by 88E30M50 View Post
    Thanks, will do on the call. The serial number on mine is 2700. The night sights are fresh which leads me to believe the gun may be older than 6 or 7 years if the night sights were dimming enough to warrant replacement. I'm hoping to make it out to the range at lunch tomorrow to see how she runs. I have high hopes that I may have found a partner for life.
    I think it is $25.00 for an Ed Brown "birth-certificate" for your 1911. Great looking 1911

Posts liked by others
    My stainless Kobra Carry is replete with wear and small scratches which the stainless hides very well unless you're handling the piece and looking very closely. I toyed with sending it to Brown for Gen 3 coating but I'm unimpressed with Gen 3. My less than a year old full size SF model's finish is showing wear already.

-- Chuck

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by 88E30M50 View Post
    I just bought this EB Exec Carry today. I have not shot it yet, but already love the thing. Very nice fit and finish. Is there any way to determine the age of an Ed Brown pistol based on S/N?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
    Sweet pistol! Put there is no serial number visible on this pistol so we can't help much. Should be on the other side.

The other side of my Kobra Carry is bare like your Executive Carry Both slide and frame. I've had this pistol probably 9 years or so. The slide markings have changed over the years. No dates on the tritium sights?

I had the front lower corner of the ejection port relieved to allow reliable ejection of live FMJ cartridges during training. Brown doesn't (won't!) do this for reasons unknown.

Mine's as worn as yours but the stainless hides even the scratches at most viewing angles.

-- Chuck
    You guys with those old EB's, I'll trade you a Kimber and an SR911 for one.

Posts liked by others
    Sounds like a good swap!

I handled a lightweight Kobra Carry a month or two ago and found my Visa card trying to squirm out of my wallet. Gen 3 finish and light as a feather. Then I remembered just how difficult recoil management is with this weight pistol -- and that I already had two Colt Commanders with the alloy frames. Taken some adaptation and good holsters but steel frame pistols are rarely out of my holsters.

It's only money!

-- Chuck

Posts liked by others
    I was surprised at how hard it was to find a used EB of any type. It seems like folks that buy an Ed Brown 1911 tend to hold onto them. I can understand why now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast