Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Anyone selling 'blem" Dan Wessons anymore?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Anyone selling 'blem" Dan Wessons anymore?

Several years ago I bought my Dan Wesson commander bobtail "CBOB" from a guy running a small gun shop by the name of Kenneth Hammerman. He had several "blem" guns from DW that he was selling for several hundred dollars off the price compared to a non "blem" gun. Back when I got it, I knew several other guys who bought these "blem" Dan Wessons from him. The blemishes were either a small pinhole on the surface of the frame that most people had a hard time finding, or something else small that wasn't even noticeable.

I havne't been able to track down the contact info I had on Kenneth Hammerman.....but does anyone know of other dealers that sell Dan Wesson "blem" 1911's? I know a guy who is looking for one.

Posts liked by others
    Hamerman, Kenneth E

2499 Palm Deer Dr
    Loxahatchee, FL 33470
    Phone: 561-792-7899

Posts liked by others
    IIRC, these tiny blemishes were the result of imperfections in the cast frames... so the reason you don't see any lately is probably that DW stopped using cast frames a while ago now! Doublestacks excepted, obviously.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Matt Mink has a black Valor blem on Gunbroker right now. he included pics of the sheet describing the blemish and pics of the area. i can't see anything.

Posts liked by others
    Well we went from a January question to a few May replies, might as well add late June...
    D&L Hunting in RI. I just got a CCO from them and am VERY pleased. They had more than one.

Posts liked by others
    Severns Custom is selling blem Valors right now.