Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: turn around time

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Question turn around time

Can anyone tell me what they experienced for turn around time when they sent a pistol back for warranty work?Know their busy and have others to use in the meantime.Curious

Posts liked by others
    Two occasions: Quick phone pickup, quick answer (send it back), shipping voucher from S&W. and turnaround time of <2 weeks.
    Could be a spoonful of water, save you from the desert sand; just a spoon of lead from a forty-five, save you from another man. Willie Dixon

Posts liked by others
    Your turn around time is what I,ve experienced in the past.This time it,s over a month and I haven,t heard a word.Funny thing is I could throw a rock and hit the factory from my house.(Not quite,one town over)I,ll wait till end of the week and give them a call.

Posts liked by others
    I spoke to S&W 2 weeks back. I wanted to get the "express" 3rd gen auto package for my 4046. I was told the turn around time would be 8 months. Granted this isn't warrenty work, but it seems like they are backed waaaaay up.

Posts liked by others
    pistol came back 2-14 2014, little over two months.They do appear to be busy.Thankful I haven,t had to send anything back that often but do miss the day,s when you could drop items off at the guard shack.Have a feeling it changed due to corporate lawyers and C.Y.A policy.Don,t blame them just miss the good ole days

Posts liked by others
    took 2 weeks to have my pistol back from the service center.