Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: My Volkmann makeover

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

My Volkmann makeover

Almost two years ago, I ran across an early Volkmann on Gunbroker. The seller said that it was Luke's personal old carry gun, and that seemed like a good gun to have. It wasn't exactly what I had in mind aesthetically, but looked like a great gun at a fair price:

I knew if I took it, I'd never have it worked on, and would buy other stuff instead, so I sent it off directly to Luke. I was broke from the purchase, so he said he would work on it as I sent him payments as long as I didn't mind waiting. I didn't. A few months later, I had paid him for my work order, and he sent me updates from time to time. It didn't look much different until I got the update pic that the gun was back from ion-bond:

Continued...

Posts liked by others
    The case is a BEAST!

The grips are from Wicked, and I think they make the gun:

slide/frame fit:

I took about a hundred pictures under different flashes and settings to get these to half way come out. It's the hardest thing to photo, the slide's very shiny:

I'm really happy with the job, and I hope ya'll like it.

Posts liked by others

With the backup shoes:

And the " vault" of a case, pistol shown for scale:

Posts liked by others
    It really doesn't get much better than that! I love the finish and the ball cut on the front of the slide....adds allot of class to her.
    Beauty is skin deep but ugly goes right to the bone.

Posts liked by others
    ncviking is right, ball cut looks great. Love her new shoes, are those desert ironwood? I really like the photo where that .45 round is reflected in the shiny slide. Awesome pistol.
    SEMPER FI

Posts liked by others
    Yeah, I recall those being ironwood. Ed at Wicked Grips made those for Luke. I've bought more grips (and a gun or two) from Ed, he's great to deal with and a master craftsman himself.

Posts liked by others
    Beautiful finish and spectacularly wicked grips by wicked grips! Congratulations.

Posts liked by others
    Beautiful pistol! I love the grips

Posts liked by others
    A very nice makeover. Looks to me like money well spent.
    Dean

NRA Life Member, IDPA Member, SASS Member