Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Enjoying my 1911 Target

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Icon17 Enjoying my 1911 Target

A couple of months ago a friend told me about a new Sig Target model at a store and said the trigger was "good." Well this guy is one of those guys who when he says a trigger on a stock piece is good that means you should immediately go buy it! So I did.

Once I broke it in (it was doing 100% by 150 - 200 rounds) I measured the trigger pull at 5lbs 4oz.

Very happy with this purchase. In fact, now my Nighthawk Talon is for sale at a local shop. I shoot this Sig Sauer just as well. Yes, on a one ragged hole drill the Nighthawk is just a skoash tighter, but it's also pickier about feeding my reloads.

Truth is this Sig is giving me almost custom performance at a production gun price.

One thing I had to do was Dremmel the sharp edge on the ejection port after drawing blood a couple times on my support hand while wracking the slide during malfunction drills at FrontSight. Otherwise though it isn't as "melted" as the Nighthawk, it has almost the same "like it's riding on ball-bearings" action. They say they hand lap these in a little at the factory: I believe it.

Very accurate pistol for one I can take apart without a bushing wrench!

Posts liked by others
    Gotta post pictures!

Posts liked by others
    The very large rear sight can cut your hand if you are not careful.
    Why are we asked to not judge all Muslims by those few invested in terror? BUT . . . we are asked to judge all gun owners by those few radicals.