Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crimson Trace Laser Grip

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Crimson Trace Laser Grip

Starting to think about a Crimson Trace laser grip, and have a couple of questions, since I have never actually seen one in person.

1. Do they work with an ambi safety? I see on their web site that they advertise a short WC replacement for sale.

2. What are the advantages/disadvantages of the front activated and the side activated?

Appreciate any help.

Posts liked by others
    Check their Master-Series grips which allow for the ambi safety. I have one on a TRP that works well.

http://www.crimsontrace.com/products...series/01-9480

Side versus front activation is probably a matter of preference. I have used both and with practice and familiarization, activating the laser becomes a natural part of acquiring the target.

... they will soar on wings like eagles.

Posts liked by others
    OP: Just curious... why do you want a laser grip?

Posts liked by others
    My 77 year old eyes are not the sharpest. I have thought that if I needed a nightstand gun they would work, but have had no experience with them. If my eyes were 7 instead I probably still couldn't see in the dark.
    Midway had them on sale for a few days, but, they were off before I made up my mind.

Posts liked by others
    Ah, okay. I've just never found them very helpful, but I see where you're coming from, here.

Posts liked by others
    dickttx; that is the same reason I shopped for a laser sight. I settled on the Crimson Trace with front activation and rubber grips. I also opted for the green beam to supposedly see the dot better in higher ambient light. I aligned the laser to fall approximately 1/2" to the right and approximately 3/4" below the POA of the iron sights, that is to be parallel with true bore sight regardless of distance. That is well within my limitations for holding off hand at 25 yards anyway, the furthest distance I can imagine using the sights. At the range, it worked like a charm. Very quick target acquisition even "shooting from the hip" like Matt Dillon. First outing was overcast and really easy to see the green dot on targets. Second outing was bright sunny bluebird day and even the green was hard to see on targets that were not flat black. Flat black targets easily "dotted" even in bright ambient light. Far sighted and presbyopia are well suited to this sight system. Kinda costly though.

prs

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for the info prs.
    I guess I need to go somewhere and actually look at some.

Posts liked by others
    Yeah, a test drive with any new hardware would be particularly informative. I don't like having to buy something without knowing what it's going to do before hand.

Posts liked by others
    My indoor range has the Crimson Trace display on some dummy handguns, a 1911 and a S&W K framerevolver. The demonstration display was so good that I ordered a set. The range got me quite a discount too.

My CT is just the plain red dot, but that works well enough for me.

I would contact CT and see if they have a dealer in your area. They really are very effective, and they pistol will still fit your standard holster.

Posts liked by others
    Dick, my eyes are the same age as yours, and I have crimson trace grips on both my little pocket revolver and my bedside gun. If you still lived down the street from me, you could come over and try them out. In fact, you still can - just have to drive a bit farther! But for the time being, I can say that the sights on the little pocket revolver are a waste of time, while on the other hand the sights on the bedside gun are an absolute necessity in my view - It is almost certain that I will deploy that gun in the dark, and the laser would be vital.
    Go ahead and retire: now who's watching your back?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast