Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The most worthless accessory in the M1911 world

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    I love that picture!!!! Everyone should own a Swiss Army AR.
    There isn't any problem that can't be handled thru the proper use of high explosives.
    Last edited by BazookaBob; 4th December 2013 at 09:55.

Posts liked by others
    << armchair commandos >>hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Posts liked by others
    Someone may like it, maybe two people may like it, but I doubt it!
    Certified NRA Instructor Pistol & Shotgun
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    "There Is No Greater High Than Defeating Armed Felons" Rich-D

Posts liked by others
    I guess that's one way to avoid an "idiot scratch." Just kidding, of course. IMHO, lights on guns give the other guy a great target, but to each his own.
    "Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." --Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

Posts liked by others
    Stuff like this shows that someone had too much time on their hands. I can't imagine wanting/needing this item for anything that is useful.
    Lynnie, "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. "
    - Albert Camus

Posts liked by others
    A plastic covered 1911? Meh. Lets see a steel covered GLOCK!!!

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt327 View Post
    A plastic covered 1911? Meh. Lets see a steel covered GLOCK!!!
    Good point!
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    I expect Mr. Browning does not approve, and neither do I.

Posts liked by others
    Actually, the photo at the beginning of this thread is the only photo of it there is... and it's a doctored photo, if you look at the Commander closely, the lighting everywhere is exactly the same...

So it probably doesn't exist. Which is just as well, because the more I think of it, the more certain I become that it can't really work.

To fit on all 1911 frames, the curves on the triggerguard and the area above the trigger would need to be the same in all 1911s... and they most definitely are not... even 1911s within one brand (e.g. Colt) have significant differences there. Firmly securing the two halves of the thing on the triggerguard is pretty important, if it is going to have any sort of rigidity, especially when it is weighed down by a light, so frankly I doubt it can even exist.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyros View Post
    To fit on all 1911 frames, the curves on the triggerguard and the area above the trigger would need to be the same in all 1911s... and they most definitely are not... even 1911s within one brand (e.g. Colt) have significant differences there. Firmly securing the two halves of the thing on the triggerguard is pretty important, if it is going to have any sort of rigidity, especially when it is weighed down by a light, so frankly I doubt it can even exist.
    Actually if you go to the link I posted, there's video of it being installed on a 1911, so it does really exist.

How securely it fit's is entirely another question…

Ugly? Yes (but so are Glocks, and people like those!)

Will they sell many of them? Probably not, though stranger things have happened.
    A 1911 "purist" would never buy one, though a "purist" wouldn't buy anything other then a Colt either (and as such, misses out on a lot of really nice 1911's)

Is it "useful"? That would depend on it fitting securely and an individual's "need", For someone who likes having or wants a weapon mounted light, already has a 1911 and has very little money to spend, probably very useful.

John's point on holster problems is valid, but for a night-stand/truck gun, (or someone who is handy with kydex) it's not really an issue.
    When Guns Are Outlawed
    Only Outlaws Will Have Guns
    Last edited by Rotorflyr; 5th December 2013 at 16:16.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast