Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Galco Combat Master

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Galco Combat Master

http://www.galcogunleather.com/uimag...atmaster_t.jpg
    Just got one of these (only shorter--compact Kimber) about a month ago. Being a production line product, I don't know if mine's an exception but I don't see how it could be any better. Quality double stitching, fits my pistol perfectly, canted the way I like, looks good and appears to be high quality leather. Of course if I was in law enforcement and carried every day as part of the job I'd have to spring for something in an exotic leather.
    On Edit: Another really nice thing, the right upper edge comes up just far enough to protect the forward end of the Crimson Trace LED housing.
    Last edited by JD11; 24th November 2013 at 11:12.

Posts liked by others
    I was looking at that one the other day, & I couldn't tell by their pics, does it have raised body shield or not?

Posts liked by others
    By body shield I assume you mean higher leather on the inner leather panel like the Crossbreed IWB has? If so, it does not, both upper top edges of the holster are equal in height. I haven't taken time to learn the pic posting procedure, but if you go the Galco site, both sides of the Combat Master are exactly the same in regards to the leather being "molded' to the pistol and the height. It also comes "pre-curved" so it fits the body well.
    Last edited by JD11; 25th November 2013 at 10:34.

Posts liked by others
    Yes, that is what I meant - the pics I saw on Galco's site all showed it with a handgun in it, so I wasn't certain. Other than that (I happen to like that feature) it looks like an excellent holster.

Posts liked by others
    I see quite a few made like mine, I think the theory is since it's worn outside the waistband and outside the belt the upper inner piece isn't needed because the pistol hammer area isn't pressed against the ribs like with a IWB model.

Posts liked by others
    Galco holsters have been getting more and more pricey, but for a production holster it is tops in quality and function. I am a fan of their Concealable and Avenger styles.