Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next Ed Browm 9mm

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Next Ed Browm 9mm

I am interested in a 9 mm Ed Brown 1911.
    Wondering when and if one will be built in 2013/14?

Posts liked by others

Ed Brown 9mm ?

I don't know about that, but there is a trend in 9mm 1911 type
    pistols growing like a Tsunami.

Posts liked by others
    I have a 9mm Colt Government Model with thousands of rounds thru it but would not even think of an Ed Brown in that caliber 'cuz, for me, a 9mm M1911 is strictly a practice and training pistol and one I'd not carry because of the caliber. 2000 rounds of 9mm on a weekend course still allows use of my right hand on Monday.

Other than not being bob-tailed the Colt is a near match for either of my Browns. Same trigger, sights, etc.

Your money, of course!

-- Chuck

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    It appears that lately, the 9mm pistols are getting a lot of attention and selling like hot cookies. Maybe the introduction of IPSC Standard division (is it the Standard? I am not too good at those rules thing) which allow the use of a standard 1911 in 9mm? Who knows?
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Gun games have little comparison to gunfights...

-- Chuck

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    It appears that lately, the 9mm pistols are getting a lot of attention and selling like hot cookies. Maybe the introduction of IPSC Standard division (is it the Standard? I am not too good at those rules thing) which allow the use of a standard 1911 in 9mm? Who knows?
    In IPSC (i.e. worldwide) it's called 'Classic' division. It is more or less the same as USPSA single-stack, that our American friends have had for quite a while now!
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others

Gun games

Gun games like gun fights have bullets flying around, and if you stop one
    regardless of calibre it will seriously degrade your ability to continue the
    action.
    The majority of people in America having never been in a gunfight, let alone
    having the bad fortune to be shot, form their opinions of this dynamic from
    movies and television.
    There is no way in my opinion to predict how a particular calibre weapon
    will effect a human in a life or death situation.
    Before you ask , yes and yes. Wrong place , right time or conversely.
    Though just for the record, bigger is I believe, better.
    Last edited by lowprone; 22nd November 2013 at 20:13.

Posts liked by others
    I know there was a "limited" run of 9mm Browns a while back. Are they making these on a more permanent basis now?

Posts liked by others
    never understood the reasoning behind a 9mm in a 1911. .. Go with the heaviest load that it was designed to take. Since you can't really get a good jump in round count, you might as well stick with the .45. . . . Now, if you went double stack which is entirely another ball game - then I can understand. .

Posts liked by others
    I really enjoy my 9mm Volkmann 1911. It is a sweet, highly-accurate, reliable shooter. I found the 9mm to be a great way to introduce my daughter to handguns. It is a heavy gun and has a very soft recoil. That softer recoil kept my daughter from developing some bad shooting habits and she was able to shoot it all day long. (Not entirely a positive point given that she ran through $everal boxe$$ of 9mm ) After a few range sessions she easily transitioned up to a 45ACP. I agree that the 9mm 1911 is indeed a great training and practice gun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast