Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, TandemKros or Tekmat, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Auto-Ordnance serial numbers and date made

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Serial #AOA171XX made 2011. I think he said July.

I don't know if anyone is still reading this thread, but since my serial number seems earlier than everyone else's I thought I'd throw it in.

I'm new to 1911's and don't know much about it. I got it used and really didn't have any idea what model it was. The guy told me it was a PKZSE. I don't know how many of these things they made a year, but based on other postings I was suprised the guy told me 2011. I think he said July, but I was so surpised he said 2011 I forgot to right it down.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteice View Post
    Serial #AOA171XX made 2011. I think he said July.

I don't know if anyone is still reading this thread, but since my serial number seems earlier than everyone else's I thought I'd throw it in.

I'm new to 1911's and don't know much about it. I got it used and really didn't have any idea what model it was. The guy told me it was a PKZSE. I don't know how many of these things they made a year, but based on other postings I was suprised the guy told me 2011. I think he said July, but I was so surpised he said 2011 I forgot to right it down.
    Check your frame style against the pictures in these threads.
    http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.ph...ect-Old-School
    http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.ph...es/page2&pp=10

If it is the new style chances are good that you can call Kahr and get the date of manufacture. IMO a 2011 build is probably the new frame style.
    Last edited by agile_1; 20th January 2014 at 10:32.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by agile_1 View Post
    Check your frame style against the pictures in these threads.
    http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.ph...ect-Old-School
    http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.ph...es/page2&pp=10

If it is the new style chances are good that you can call Kahr and get the date of manufacture. IMO a 2011 build is probably the new frame style.
    Agile,
    I emailed a Service Rep. from Kahr with my serial no. and he sent me my date of manufacture, which was 2002.
    I have his email if anyone needs it.
    Respects, Pedro,

Posts liked by others
    agile 1 - Sorry, guess I forgot to post that part, I did call Kahr. I called the 508-795-3919 number on the first page of www.auto-ordnance.com, hit 1 for tech support and talked to one of their people. He was the one that told me July ( I think ) 2011. With a serial #AOA 171XX I expected a manufacture date a little older, so I forgot the month.

Pedro 1 - What is the begining of your serial number? Most posted here and other threads are newer so I'm curious how low the number is. Do you know what model it is?

Posts liked by others
    Hello Whiteice, It is a pre series 80 (no firing pin block), serial # AOA011xx. Here is one of the Kahr Rep's responses to me.

"Good morning. Thank you for the information. That 1911 was made in Feb of
    2002. We currently only produce series 80 firearms but from the time that
    we purchased the Auto Ordnance name in 1999 until around 2003/4 we did make
    series 70 as well. I hope this information helps."

Respects, Pedro.

Posts liked by others
    Help PLEASE!

I have two Auto Ordnance 1911's

1.) AOC36714

2.) AOC6025

Can anyone tell me what year they are? Where they were made? and what they are worth?

Thanks

Posts liked by others
    Hey Pedro
    Could i get the reps email address.
    I have a AOC19XXX

Thanks ed

Posts liked by others
    Sure Hog, here it is; jay.dandrea@kahr.com
    Kahr Customer Service
    508-795- 3919
    www.kahr.com
    www.tommygun.com
    Keep me posted.
    Respects, Pedro.
    Last edited by Pedro 1; 29th May 2014 at 19:39.

Posts liked by others
    Got to shoot a friend's older AO today, I'm guessing very early 80's? Ser # E00XXX. I remember him getting it back in the day. Up until then, I only heard of Colts. It's got GI style sights. Has an extended grip safety, but not quite to today's beavertail shape etc., but still enough to minimize "bite". Shot nice, but was not happy with my mags, worked good with it's original. On the slide was the Thompson logo depicted in the arrowhead.

James - wishing he left it with me to snag a couple pics
    If you're about to stir the pot, you better be prepared to lick the spoon.

Posts liked by others
    Picked up my Dad's Thompson Auto Ordnance the other day, serial # A0C473XX, he purchased it back in Feb 1993.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast