Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: changing sights on a PC

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

changing sights on a PC

I want to change the sights on my PC bobtail to night sights, can you install tritium night sights with the typical hammer and block or do you need to press them in? S&W said they have a 8mo. turn around time for sights. and I really don't want to wait that long,

Posts liked by others
    8 months ? That IS quite a wait. You don`t have a local GS or one you can drive to? That may be the best, if you do. I came close to disaster, trying to drift the rear sight one of my S&W 1911s, I quit trying (not owning the right pusher) befor it was damaged. A block and hammer ain`t the answer, at least on my S&Ws.

Posts liked by others
    Which sights are you going to?

Posts liked by others
    Which sites are ou going to put on?
    NRA Benefactor

Posts liked by others
    you do not want to use a hammer and punch to install night sights. Sure if you're careful, it might turn out okay, but a sight install tool on ebay runs about $50 shipped. Works w/ several different brands and is a universal tool.

DSCF6339_zpsb3d557ca.jpg

Posts liked by others
    replaced with trijicons:

Posts liked by others
    I always leave it to my local gunsmith. He's never screwed up but if he does (see new1911 above), then he's the one who has to make it good.

Rick

Posts liked by others
    Find out if the Trijicons will match the dovetails on your slide. If the dovetails are the same, I believe you can send your slide to Trijicon and they wil do the swap and installation for you. Check with Trijicon and see if they still do that. Also, they may be able to use the existing front sight by drilling it and installing the tritium capsule.