Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Range Report on new AO!

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Range Report on new AO!

Did some slow hand cycling last night to check the extractor mostly. I had a couple of rounds hang up on the extractor so I pulled it and lightened up the tension as it was a bit tight. I also polished the tip/hook.

I was going to do the normal extractor tuning but I was surprised to find that the extractor was already setup with the correct bevel's as recommended here:

http://www.m1911.org/technic2.htm

AO had it right on! Took her out today and put about 150 rounds through her.

She ran flawless with the exception of 2 slight stove pipes, I say slight because they were just barely hung up and I was able to just knock them out, didn't even have to rack the slide.

I blame the stove pipes on the new recoil spring. I changed out my recoil and firing pin springs with Wolff springs last night. I put a standard 16 pound recoil spring in and the Wolff supplied extra power firing pin spring.

I will have to say I am perplexed by the super stiff super heavy firing pin spring AO puts in these guns. The Wolff spring is supposed to be heavier than the stock spring but it is much much lighter than the stock spring.

Anyway, the gun is more accurate than I am, had good groupings and no complaints about the accuracy!

The empty casings ejected between 2 and 3 o'clock. With several hitting me in the head, pretty standard for a GI setup and nothing that bothers me in the least.

All in all a sweet gun!
    Last edited by fredg; 14th September 2013 at 18:19.

Posts liked by others
    Congrats on your new pistol. Always good to read of a happy outing with a new gun.