Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: IWB holster recommendation?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    I started using Gary Brommeland's Max Con-V IWB holsters over 10 years ago, now have them in three 1911 sizes, and am still using that first one.

This is my Commander sized one:

http://www.brommelandgunleather.com/products.htm

Personally; I'll never use anything else for carry.

Rick
    Last edited by Rick McC.; 9th September 2013 at 19:54.

Posts liked by others
    +1 for DM Bullard. They have great belts too!

Posts liked by others
    Theis Holsters Tom goes out of his way to make certain you're satisfied. His belts are exceptional. www.TheisHolsters.com All items custom made 2-3 weeks worth the wait.

Posts liked by others
    I use a Milt Sparks Summer Special II most days.

Posts liked by others
    I use an IWB from Ozarks Holster Co. - Horse hide & Kydex -$45 including shipping.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    See the Horseshoe Leather banner in our Sponsors Panel, near the top of the page? Click on it and check out Andy's holsters. Can't go wrong with them.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    The only thing about the Horseshoe Leather I didn't like is the statement in his FAQ saying his holsters are NOT deisgned for condition 1 & they are molded for hammer down, safety off. Prior to seeing that, I had been seriously thinking about getting one.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Don't take what is written in the site, for granted. Andy lives in a very strange country and also, he is not interested in going to prison or loosing all he build during his life, by some idiot who shot himself because he didn't know how to use his pistol.

I've carried a 1911 for more than 25 years, most of them in a Horseshoe Leather holster. Believe me, the molding isn't affecting the operation of the pistol, or the safety.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Don't take what is written in the site, for granted. Andy lives in a very strange country and also, he is not interested in going to prison or loosing all he build during his life, by some idiot who shot himself because he didn't know how to use his pistol.

I've carried a 1911 for more than 25 years, most of them in a Horseshoe Leather holster. Believe me, the molding isn't affecting the operation of the pistol, or the safety.
    That is good to hear, I may have to reconsider him in the future. What I had gathered, his work is excellent.

I can certainly understand needing to cover yourself - I work as an aircraft mechanic & have to deal with FAA inspectors on a regular basis, a few of whom will write me a violation letter for forgetting to dot an i or cross a t.

Posts liked by others
    I have Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 holsters for both Government Model (Special Forces) and Commander (Kobra Carry) sized pistols. And Minotaur MTAC Holsters for both as well. 10 day order time for the MTAC. 10 weeks to 10 months order time for the Milt Sparks.

Holster wear is gonna happen if you carry. Leather seems to be a bit kinder. Not sure how well Gen 3 finish holds up to Kydex (or leather for that matter).

Top Gun Supply in Chesterland, Ohio, tries to stock Ed Brown pistols and Milt Sparks holsters. They're on the web.

-- Chuck

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast