Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: IWB holster recommendation?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

IWB holster recommendation?

Hi All, I need a good holster recommendation for an ED Brown Cobra Carry, leather or Kydex, for IWB...Thanks...
    Last edited by JT...; 5th September 2013 at 18:41.

Posts liked by others
    Milt Sparks Versa Max II. Expensive and usually a long wait. That of course is relative when you get a real quality holster. I've tried a lot, but really like the VMII. Have one for my full size 1911 and one for my Kahr K40.

You might check with Top Gun Supply. They sometimes have them in stock, so you miss the wait.

LHS

Posts liked by others
    Tueller Holsters; IWB2 is a pretty good copy of the Milt Sparks, three week wait and a great price. I have two, full sized and 3" 1911. Good leather, great stitching and boning.

http://m.tuellerholsters.com/

He'll make one for your Brown.

Posts liked by others
    The Tueller holsters look well made. One difference that I see, and I think it contributes to comfort, is the slit in the holster between the pistol and the front snap. I think it allows the holster to conform to your hip better. My observations and I am in no way knocking the Tueller holster as I have never seen nor wore one.

LHS

Posts liked by others
    I'm not discounting Milt Sparks; I have his Executive Companion and Summer Special from the 1980s, they're great holsters and his reputation is well-earned. But that reputation was earned before the ridiculous wait time and before the custom holster industry grew to its current level. At my age, I don't have the time or patience to wait.

I do think the VM slots would give the design more ability to flex, but my Tuellers have shaped well to my body. If I could've gotten the Sparks in three weeks I'd've bought 'em.

To the OP; you can get a "off the shelf" holster from a number of retailers for your Brown. It'll do. But please consider the quality custom maker. Pay once, cry once.

Posts liked by others
    Brownells has the Milt Sparks Summer Special II in stock. No waiting.
    "Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." --Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

Posts liked by others
    well, here's a contrarian idea to the leather holsters that have been suggested. Over the past 30 years I have progressed from Galco and other similar holsters to those made by Josh Bulman, Lou Alessi, Milt Sparks and other custom makers. I have both IWB and OWB by these makers. They are all excellent, no doubt about it. But about three years ago I bought an IWB Blade-Tech for a government model, and I've bought a couple of more since then for a couple of Commander size pistols. I prefer the more positive reholstering and retention found in the Blade-Tech holsters when compared to leather.

Posts liked by others
    Over the past few years, I have purchased several leather holsters from D.M. Bullard in Azle, Tx. They are well-made, are available in clip on or strap/snap, and they stay in place. He also makes double clip holsters if you like that sort of thing. I have one that I forget I am wearing with a full-size 1911.

I have also bought a couple from Kramer leather. I find that both make very good holsters.

Posts liked by others
    I bought an IWB from Kelley Gun Leather and it is really nice.

Posts liked by others
    I also prefer Kydex and 2nd the recommendation for Blade-Tech.com along with Sidearmor.com and Comp-Tac.com.
    For 1911s,
    Owned eight, over the years; now down to three.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast