Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rec for airsoft with the most realistic trigger?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Rec for airsoft with the most realistic trigger?

I have a production Springfield 1911A1. I'm tired of dry firing and re-racking after each time. I'm looking for an airsoft that allows me to shoot at home, and so I've been reading the reviews and posts on this forum. It seems that people are looking for the overall realism and quality, so their concerns do not exactly coincide with mine, and so I feel I need to post a specific inquiry. As long as the airsoft 1911 fits into my holster and the trigger feels close to an average real 1911, I'm happy. I don't need an expensive airsoft gun that looks realistic or good. I need something that *feels* realistic. It can be ugly. Affordable is good (say, $80-$140).

I understand that most airsoft 1911s have racegun triggers, and I also understand that there is a range of trigger weight and feel among real guns. (I'm guessing I need around 4 lbs for a trigger.) Which airsoft comes the closest?

Also, it would be nice to have an airsoft that has realistic recoil, but I'm guessing that's impossible. What are my options here? I understand there is apparently some sort of mechanism you can adjust. Is it worth it?

Finally, what do you recommend for targets? I notice there are these square traps, which seem like a good idea for keeping the pellets under control. Are there other similar options I ought to consider?

Thanks a lot!
    Last edited by mb1911a1; 22nd July 2013 at 22:42.

Posts liked by others
    Why would you rack the slide each time you dry fire? Why not just cock the hammer?
    "Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." --Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
    Why would you rack the slide each time you dry fire? Why not just cock the hammer?
    Yes, I do that with the 1911, but not all my guns are 1911s. (Yes, I know, a non-1911 handgun? Woulda thunk it?) So I was thinking of that. In actual practice, I cock the hammer whenever possible.

Some of the drills I need to do are meant to speed up transitioning between targets, so that cocking doesn't exactly help with that. I was thinking about getting a revolver, but then I discovered airsoft...

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    I am afraid that all airsoft pistols we have tried have a trigger which is much lighter than the real thing. However, you can "play" with it, at least in some pistols, but I wouldn't expect it to ever reach 4 lbs.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    I am afraid that all airsoft pistols we have tried have a trigger which is much lighter than the real thing. However, you can "play" with it, at least in some pistols, but I wouldn't expect it to ever reach 4 lbs.
    Which are some of the better/easier models to "play" with, and what does "playing" involve?

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    My experience centers around Western Arms pistols, for them, you can get a heavier mainspring and then you can play with the sear spring tension.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Posts liked by others
    The heaviest airsoft trigger I'm aware of is the one on a TM (Tokio Marui) pistol that has seen some 'massaging' from John. I haven't measured it with a proper scale, but I don't think it's more than 3lbs, maybe considerably lower. Unfortunately, airsoft sear springs are not interchangeable with real springs, although some have tried to do just that...

Also, you need to bear in mind that airsoft sears and hammers don't have anything like the longevity of real gun parts... so even if you get the trigger to your liking, sooner or later it will change, given enough use and dry-firing. I have another TM which now has a trigger with a distinctive, un-1911 'roll' feel. I suppose a new hammer and sear would probably drop right in and take care of that, for all of ~5-10$, but I haven't tried it.

Finally, the newest airsoft I have is a WE (Wei-Tech) Para widebody lookalike, it cost me something well-within your budget and it uses the same fire-control parts as TM pistols. It ain't pretty, and its finish is way, way worse than TM's products, but it fits the criteria you're looking for, in terms of function. WE has plenty of single-stack 1911 models, so you should be able to find something usable in your budget.

Edit to add: a link to my thoughts on the affordable WE Para look-a-like:
    http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.php?t=87701
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter
    Last edited by Spyros; 23rd July 2013 at 03:26.

Posts liked by others
    Hello! I'm back to seek the wisdom of the forum.

I was about to buy the WE Para, when I discovered that propane smells. I am also worried about the health risks and fire hazard. (I keep my windows tightly sealed because of my allergies.) So I think I need an airsoft pistol that runs on CO2. I'm having trouble getting through all the conflicting information on the internet. Some say the CO2 will eventually break a WE pistol, and some say it won't. Some say KJW is good for CO2... I'm confused.

Please help and recommend an affordable CO2 airsoft 1911 that'd serve the purpose of giving me some trigger time when I can't go to the range to shoot a real gun!

Thanks again!

Posts liked by others
    CO2 canisters don't fit in single-stack 1911-like magazines. The only reason it was an option for mine, was because it's a double-stack.

The smell of propane (NOT butane, propane is what's used in these things) is artificial, just to let you know it's there... it's not harmful in and of itself. But to be honest, I wouldn't be thrilled to release either propane OR carbon dioxide in a non-ventilated space.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Unless you live in an air-sealed house, I wouldn't worry about these issues. You won't hurt yourself by releasing a magazine full of propane in your house.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast