Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Curious about Remington

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Just Curious about Remington

Why do they not have a forum? Are they blackballed?
    Dio vindice

Posts liked by others
    Basically, because they haven't been around (in the 1911 business) long enough and haven't sold enough pistols yet to rate a discussion area dedicated to their brand only. If their sales really take off and they become more popular, my guess is that El Comandante will consider giving them a dedicated discussion area.

Personally, I think they need to fix their guns before they can expect to generate that level of sales.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Roger that thanks
    Dio vindice

Posts liked by others
    I was wondering the same thing, Saw Filer. I must have spent five minutes the other day looking for the Remington forum so I wouldn't post my R1 in the wrong forum.
    And didn't Ruger and Remington 1911's both come out about the same time? 2010 I think for Remington and Rugers just a couple years ago? I'm sure someone knows exact dates.
    Anyway, good question. For good or bad, it's an American made 1911 and probably isn't going to disappear.

Posts liked by others
    My dad bought a Remington Rand 1911 from the NRA in 1959. Maybe they think people will get confused.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis
    And didn't Ruger and Remington 1911's both come out about the same time? 2010 I think for Remington and Rugers just a couple years ago? I'm sure someone knows exact dates.
    Roughly but I think Ruger got it right the first time.
    Beauty is skin deep but ugly goes right to the bone.

Posts liked by others
    I've owned two Remington's. The OD Green version and then the stainless. By the time they built the stainless their quality had improved.

Posts liked by others
    I'm new here and don't want to step on toes, but I want to request an area for the Remington. IMO they are a excellent pistol.

Again not to step on toes, something might be in the works
    Thanks Sublett

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Sublett
    I'm new here and don't want to step on toes, but I want to request an area for the Remington. IMO they are a excellent pistol.
    See post number 2 in this thread.

Not everyone would agree with you regarding their "excellence."
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    I bought the Remington R1 blued model when they first became available and I've found it to be a great 1911. What's the quality issues, mines as good as any 1911 at a much cheaper price.
    I haven't shot the Remington in a whille...I'll take it to the range this weekend...
    Last edited by Tuco Tom; 17th August 2013 at 09:45.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast