Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The ARMSCOR-made Charles Daly 1911 Owners Forum

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

The ARMSCOR-made Charles Daly 1911 Owners Forum

As far as I know this is the ONLY specific forum dealing with the ARMSCOR made 1911 type pistols marked and sold under the Charles Daly name.

If you are new here, and have one of these great pistols, this is likely the best source of information you will find anywhere.

I have owned my Charles Daly 1911 Tactical pistol for some years now, and I have seen the company fold and it's web page die.

I want to again thank the m1911.org site, John, and all the mods who keep this open - AFAIK, there literally is NO PLACE ELSE to go for info on these pistols.

If you are new here, welcome. If you are an old contributor, thank you!

Mark

Posts liked by others
    Had a 1911 range day last week, and still love the CD as much as the others. It has been absolutely flawless since day 1. I liked it so much I picked up a CD HP, which has also been perfect. Glad to see MK hooked up on the TAVOR project, he seems like a great guy.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by mnhornet
    Had a 1911 range day last week, and still love the CD as much as the others. It has been absolutely flawless since day 1. I liked it so much I picked up a CD HP, which has also been perfect. Glad to see MK hooked up on the TAVOR project, he seems like a great guy.
    I shot mine on Friday, too...I have a GI type slide on it that I built from a parts kit from SARCO...the original slide is a "tactical" type, and has real Novak sights on it... I have wanted to get a plain jane slide for it and finally did...works very well, even with steel cased Russian ammo.

I have never seen many used CD's for sale...I guess owners like them.

mark

Posts liked by others
    I'd pick a used one up if I ever came across one. I'd tell the wife I got it for her and I'd be money, she loves the CD too.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by mnhornet
    I'd pick a used one up if I ever came across one. I'd tell the wife I got it for her and I'd be money, she loves the CD too.
    Good hunting. The last used CD that I actually saw for sale was the one I bought almost 10 years ago, but I know they are out there.

mark

Posts liked by others
    People must be hanging on to them as I have never seen one at a gun show.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by tekarra
    People must be hanging on to them as I have never seen one at a gun show.
    I have not seen a used one for sale for many years now...I'm hanging on to mine

mark
    Last edited by dogngun; 19th August 2013 at 17:57.

Posts liked by others

Outing this weekend

Went shooting this weekend with an old friend and my son. I brought the CD and my friend brought his Kimber. I thoroughly enjoyed several boxes of ammo. My friend and I swapped for a couple of mags. The Kimber was very nice. I enjoyed it very much but not as much as my old CD. My friend also enjoyed the CD and noted how accurate it was. It was a really great day.

Posts liked by others
    I picked up my Daly FS used at a gun show six years ago for $400. It has a beautiful original blue finish I've not seen on later Armscor guns. I have six 1911's including two Kimbers and a WW1 Colt. The Daly is the best shooting and most accurate of the bunch. I've decided to pare down my collection so it came down to the Daly or a great Norinco I've had for a longer time. It was no contest really so I sold the Norinco.

Posts liked by others
    I thought I was getting a cheap 1911. I thought I had to spend the money for a Kimber or a Colt to get a good 1911, and that I would regret not spending more to get a better pistol. I am glad I was wrong. The more I shoot it the more I am surprised.
    Charles Daly 1911A1 EFS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast