Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you like your E- series?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    it is not my most accurate 1911 but only have 500 rnds through it ,also bot a sw1911 9mm pro that is dead nuts accurate only 50 rnd. through it.

Posts liked by others
    I just bought an E Series yesterday, and I opted for the round-butt, all black model. All I've done so far, is to take it home, disassemble it, clean and oil to my desires, and take its "baby" picture. I've looked at it carefully, and I'm quite satisfied with the fit and finish. No uneven finish, no burrs, etc.

I'm going to replace the recoil spring cap, the FLGR, and put a Wilson spring in it. I've never been a fan of the FLGR, and all they do is make the pistol tougher to maintain. I did add a bumper to the one mag.

Hopefully, I'll get to the range this week if the weather breaks. In the mean time, down to the basement and load up some ammo!
    The American republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. - Alexis de Tocqueville

Posts liked by others
    They are super nice, but for me almost too nice to take to the range. Will I get one some day? Maybe, but there are two other 1911s I want in front of it. Besides that, I'm broke. ;>)

Posts liked by others
    man those e-series are nice looking

Posts liked by others
    Three things bugged me on my full size E series.First the screws looked like pop rivets so I changed them out.No big deal.Then the slide stop wouldn't hold open after the last shot.No matter which mag I used (Chip Mc Cormick,S&W,Colt) didn't matter still did this and sometime I use this firearm for newbe training and need this function.Installed Wilson Combat extended slide stop problem solved!Last but not least brass was getting marked on the rim by the bolt face Somebody at the factory didn't finish machining a little piece right above the ejector.Did the job myself but kinda figured that a $1200 pistol should have that done from the factory.Other than that it shoots great and looks fantastic.Not too crazy about all the MIM parts but everybody is doing it and there's not too much to be said.My older Colt Combat Target still shoots good also but there is a difference in both pistols.

Posts liked by others
    LouF, is your S&W a .45 or a nine? I'm asking because of the slide-stop issue.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyros View Post
    LouF, is your S&W a .45 or a nine? I'm asking because of the slide-stop issue.
    Mines the .45.IMO it's a MIM part that's not holding it's integrity (getting bent) and failing.The stop did work good at first (100 rounds) then after a few slams on the slide NFG.The good news is that the Wilson Combat part fit right in with color (matte black)and the extended tang isn't out of place on this firearm.Actually I purchased a W/C extended slide for my Colt .45 years ago and it broke first time at the range .Then I bought a W/C ejector than wouldn't fit my.45 no matter what I did (probably wrong packaging here)so I wasn't too confident in their products.But this slide stop (maybe a MIM part too,can't see any sprue marks)works well so far.
    Last edited by LouF; 7th January 2015 at 10:18.

Posts liked by others
    I just bought the two tone SC model and am really pleased with it. Shot about 100 rounds through it and was keeping everything in dinner plate sized target at 25 yards. That's great considering I can't really focus on both the sights and the target anymore so was just focusing on target and shooting by instinct. I can't do that with my 1943 Colt 1911A1. Ordered a set of Crimson Trace grips for the S&W and can't wait to get back to range.

Posts liked by others
    Put about 550 rounds through mine with various magazines and ammo, at the end (about 525 to 550) I had two failure to lock into battery. Just shy of locking up. Without a doubt the problem was I shot it dry. Added a few drops of oil and shot another 100 without a problem. The trigger is good about 4 1/2 lbs but there is a lot of play between the trigger and the frame. Not a problem because I am going to put in a short trigger. Accuracy is OK about 3 1/2 at 25 yds. The barrel has a little play when it's in battery. This could be fixed but that is fine for a CC pistol.

Posts liked by others
    picked up my "E" today at my LGS, put 150 rounds threw it at their indoor range, 100% flawless with 5 different mags and 4 different ammo`s. had to adjust the sights as the front was a smidge to the right and the rear was a bit to the left causing it to shoot about 4" left at ten yards. still the groups wernt bad and by the end of the session i was holding sub 3" groups. its a keeper!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast