Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you like your E- series?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

How do you like your E- series?

A local shop has a couple two tone commander E series in stock, these pistols are sexy! They had a black one that I like better, but the two tone is not a deal breaker. I don't dare even touch them at $1,290. I have 95% of the cash in my pocket, but I have preguilt buyers remorse. How do you in the hive like yours? Dislikes? Thanks

Posts liked by others
    I love mine, only put 3000 rounds through it, but so far no trouble

Posts liked by others
    Keep saving your money and then buy the S&W Performance Center pistol. It's only a few hundred more and I think well worth it. Then you'll have the best and no remorse for not waiting for it.

Posts liked by others
    I love mine

Posts liked by others
    Mine is the black stainless model full size and I love it. Only 450 rounds but 100% so far. Nice looking pistol too!

Posts liked by others
    I have both the black & white Commander model, and the 5" Government. Just took the 4.25 model out (1st time) with Double-Tap 185gr. Magazines are also new Chip McCormick Power Plus. The gun was JAM CITY! The most rounds I could fire w/o a jam was 2. Jams were almost always a nose-dive of the next round in the mag. I THINK it was caused by lose gripping the gun, but am not sure.

Sent my never fired 5" to Cylinder and Slide for new sights and bob-tail install. I sent them Buffalo Bore's 185gr Super rounds. Guess what? JAM CITY! They had to throat the barrel and polish the feed ramp to get it to accept these HPs. The gun had been set up to fire the Super with Sprinco's Recoil Reducer Rod assembly, Cor-Bon model.

If I can't load and reliably fire aggressive hollow points in them, they are worthless to me. The problem may be solved with my 5", AFTER a couple hundred bucks.
    A Highly Trained, Professional Idiot!

Posts liked by others
    My E-series is the all black Commander sized with the bobbed MSH. It's the only non Colt 1911 I own. If you don't mind spending the money you won't be disappointed.

Posts liked by others
    Life is short buy the gun. Best of luck and be sure to post which one ya get.

Posts liked by others
    picked up a black bob tail 500 rnds so far perfect love the gun

Posts liked by others
    Very nice handgun. Got one last week. no jams but have very light primer strikes. one cheapo ball failed to fire. Also my Colt Defender with 3" barrel is just as accurate. Right now just a little disappointed, hope it gets better and it is the best looking 1911 I own, but not ready for cc yet

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast