Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: American Classic II 9mm?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

American Classic II 9mm?

Anybody laid hands on one yet? I'm thinking about a 9mm for cheaper ammo, and it seems like the only thing regularly on the shelf around here, so it's either this or the rock island at the moment. I like my Gov't, but my commander has been a little problematic....

James.

Posts liked by others
    MetroArms production of the 9mm AC Commander is still on a limited quantity but they are increasing their output in the coming months..

All you can do for now is keep looking and keep waiting.

Posts liked by others
    I couldn't believe it but there it was in the display case, an American Classic 9mm Commander, like it was waiting for me.

So I took it home for a 1st time cleaning then off to range for 100 rds. The gun did exceptionally well holding tight groups consistently. The feel and balance of the gun is great. The fit and finish is excellent. The trigger has a short travel to it then a click and a bang. I thought you had to put 1000 rounds thru a gun for the trigger to be this good!

I did put on some new grips.

So let me just say, WOW!

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Qwiksdraw; 8th May 2013 at 15:33.

Posts liked by others
    It is karma! Wish I was so fortunate.

Posts liked by others
    For some reason it is harder to find a Metroarms Manilla Philippine 1911 than Springfield or Kimber or Colt or Norinco or Les Baer or Wilson or whatever.

I think the Metro from Manilla outsold themselves.

Let the others go Wilson or Baer or Bare in finding a real 1911.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQRII
    For some reason it is harder to find a Metroarms Manilla Philippine 1911 than Springfield or Kimber or Colt or Norinco or Les Baer or Wilson or whatever.

I think the Metro from Manilla outsold themselves.

Let the others go Wilson or Baer or Bare in finding a real 1911.
    Metro Arms announced their new line of guns in October, 2012 which was prior to the elections and the panic. It was then they set their production schedule only to find they, like other gun makes, doubling it was not enough. And don't forget, demand for the American Classic lines was also impacted.

They introduced the new lines for the US at the SHOT show in January.

The gun panic over the last 7 months caught every gun and ammo manufacturer by surprise, especially to the numbers of new gun buyers in the market.

For the size of the company and its commitment to the American market Metro Arms has done as well any any company to meet customer demand without compromising product quality. What good is a gun if it's easy to find but unreliable to shoot? I waited this long for the 9mm Commander and it was worth it.
    Last edited by Qwiksdraw; 11th May 2013 at 07:20.

Posts liked by others
    The one I bought was the last one of 10 in a gun shop near Fort Knox. Not one of them was returned when I got the last one:

I shot it the day I got it and was absolutely stunned I could spend less than on a 1911 Springfield or Colt or Kimber. I was floored.

It is my Pearl of Little (not Great) Price!

PS Mine's in .45 Auto--I have no reason to doubt your purchase in the 9mm version.
    Last edited by SPQRII; 2nd July 2013 at 17:28.

Posts liked by others
    Have a commander in .45, but was really looking for a gov't model in 9mm. Just wanna shoot cheap ammo til .45 comes back down and is available again. My local walmart had 2 cases of 9mm and 2 boxes of .45, so availability is also an issue......
    James.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfe 21
    Have a commander in .45, but was really looking for a gov't model in 9mm. Just wanna shoot cheap ammo til .45 comes back down and is available again. My local walmart had 2 cases of 9mm and 2 boxes of .45, so availability is also an issue......
    James.

Is this what you are looking for?

http://grabagun.com/handguns/semi-au...11-9rd-bl.html

Posts liked by others
    I have an American Classic Commander in 9mm..have had it about 10 months, it is a nice looking pistol
    with many "deluxe" features not present on other brands.
    The Commander sized 1911 in 9mm chamberingis only availiable in a blued finish (according to website)
    Before ordering ANY American Classic or MetroArms pistol, I'd suggest reading
    my post " Warranty issue with my ACC 9mm 1911"...Joepistol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast