Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No Randall love round here

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Hello rbrand and welcome to the forum. Without a photo, your Randall does not exist.

Posts liked by others
    4 1/4" or 5" barrel?

Posts liked by others

rbrand

I'm not great with the computer and for the life of me I don't seem to be able to post pictures. I'll keep trying.

As for the barrel It's a 5" with a flat top slide and fixed sights. it has "SERVICE MODEL" on the left of the slide. it doesn't have a rounded hammer and the spring guide is a short. the grip is extended to form a well to accept the mag. Ser. #RF 03281C which indicates it's a A121 except for the flat top slide and the grip extention It's just like my A111

The pictures are great if I can figure out how to post them.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by rbrand
    I'm not great with the computer and for the life of me I don't seem to be able to post pictures. I'll keep trying.

As for the barrel It's a 5" with a flat top slide and fixed sights. it has "SERVICE MODEL" on the left of the slide. it doesn't have a rounded hammer and the spring guide is a short. the grip is extended to form a well to accept the mag. Ser. #RF 03281C which indicates it's a A121 except for the flat top slide and the grip extention It's just like my A111

Here, this will help: http://forum.m1911.org/faq.php?faq=a...ostingpictures
    "Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." --Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by rbrand

That's a flattop service model - shouldn't have a rounded hammer - and the magwell is an aftermarket add-on, should be easy to remove.

Posts liked by others

rbrand

thanks, but what model would that be?.
    rbrand

Posts liked by others

Just picked up a Randall - WIW ?

Hey Guys,

I just picked up a Randall today. It says Service Model - C and is S/N: 02049B. Can anyone tell me more about it, like build date? What is it worth on today's market? It needs a good cleaning and the Stainless has a few nicks.

I'll post a pic as soon as my camera battery recharges.

Thanks !!
    Mopar guy - Looking for clean rust free 69 Charger or parts car.
    www.dixierestorationparts.com
    Last edited by A34; 21st April 2013 at 20:52.

Posts liked by others
    It's been some time since I posted, but I still have one of my Randalls. It's the A 121. I've sold all of the others I had. Still have my Colt commander too.
    Randall A121, Colt Combat Commander, Walther PPQ and PPKS, Bersa Thunder 380, Kel Tec P32 1st gen.

Posts liked by others
    I used to have one. I had bought a Lemay back when theywere still in production. Back then I had no idea about collectors, I was in to shooter, period. This one was a disapointment. Nothing I did would get it to work. Severe galling issue between the barrel and slide. I'd get one, maybe two shots off then it would lock up tight. Local gunsmiths scratched their heads but that was about it. Tossed it into the safe for a couple decades. Finally brought it out, checked up on collectors prices then tried for 3 years to get a decent price for it. Finally traded it off for a couple rifles close to what it was supposed to be worth. I hope the next owner has better luck with it.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by A34
    Hey Guys,

I just picked up a Randall today. It says Service Model - C and is S/N: 02049B. Can anyone tell me more about it, like build date? What is it worth on today's market? It needs a good cleaning and the Stainless has a few nicks.

I'll post a pic as soon as my camera battery recharges.

Thanks !!
    As a follow-up to my original post. I had mine checked out by my gunsmith. Works great, accurate. He cleaned up the Stainless. I'm happy with it. I've found most people don't know about them, and values are all over the place.
    Mopar guy - Looking for clean rust free 69 Charger or parts car.
    www.dixierestorationparts.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast