Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clark Custom

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Don't have a Clark 1911 but have a Clark Custom on a Ruger MK11.
    This pistol has the best trigger I have ever felt and the accuracy is stupendous...
    NRA Benefactor

Posts liked by others
    I had a great experience with Clark Custom recently. I was visiting Louisiana and made a point to check out their shop. This was one of the highlights of my trip. What an outstanding operation. I was dropping off my first pistol, a Ruger Mark II, for their full conversion. I also had a Clark customized Ruger 22/45 that I purchased used and had a minor issue due to the previous owner mixing up some parts. Within two days they diagnosed the problem and shipped it back to me to the place I was staying at in Louisiana. (I live in Hawaii and the shipping to Hawaii would have been an easy $50.)

Here's the kicker...they didn't charge me a dime for the repair job or even the shipping. I tell you what, that impressed the heck out of me. They had some beautiful 1911's in stock with outstanding triggers. And I also really enjoyed seeing their custom Ruger 10/22's. Unfortunately I was short on time and didn't get to drool all over the shop.

One of the guys showing me the 1911's mentioned that he did some work on the full sized melt down. I figured out that he was Jim Senior's grand kid. How cool is that? Third generation.

I'm sold on Clark and look forward to a long term relationship.
    Dave
    Last edited by Super Dave; 9th January 2014 at 23:07.

Posts liked by others
    I had the very good fortune to meet Jim Sr. at Camp Perry several years back. Very cordial gentleman.
    Steve

Posts liked by others
    Mr. Clark Sr....one of the greatest from the Greatest Generation. What an honor that would have been to meet him.

We are quickly losing our last remaining citizens from the greatest generation. I think the youngest ones from that generation are now 90 years old. They saved the world and built our country into an economic powerhouse. They made it so easy for us that much of our society has forgotten how to work.

People back then knew they would starve if they didn't work... Compare that to today. I worry for my kids.

That's why I'm drawn to Clark Custom Guns and Jim Clark Sr....he represents America when we were the greatest.
    Dave

Here's my tribute to Mr. Clark Sr.
    Last edited by Super Dave; 11th January 2014 at 01:06.

Posts liked by others
    Yes, and not a gun builder but, one of our top shooters I had the pleasure of meeting and dealing with Gil (and Mary) Hebard. When Dirty Harry was all the rage, I bought 29 Smiths from him for actual retail prices of the time. His shop was just down at Knoxville a little ways from Peoria, Il. He passed away within the last couple of years and his business is no more. I haven't been that way in some time and wonder if the two pointers are still on guard at the doorway?
    Steve
    Last edited by S.B.; 11th January 2014 at 05:31.

Posts liked by others
    Just saw two cstom Clark's in Streator, Illinois south side gun store. One long slide .45, the other was a 5" both bullseye gun. Made by old Jim himself. Ddn't get to look close to see where they were made but, could tell their in great shape. Shops phone #(815)510 9395. I have no dog in this fight.
    Steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12