Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clark Custom

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Clark Custom

Has anyone had any experience with Clark Custom in the last few years? I am either going to get a complete custom .45 or have my springfield overhauled & was wondering about the quality of there work these days. Thanks

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Are they still in business?!?
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    They are still in business, however this notice shows they are not working on 1911's, NOTICE!
    Certified NRA Instructor Pistol & Shotgun
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    "There Is No Greater High Than Defeating Armed Felons" Rich-D

Posts liked by others
    They're not taking work on customer guns, however, they will build you a ground up custom on a Caspian frame/slide. They still do excellent work, if you give them a call they can answer all of your questions.

Posts liked by others
    I have always been kind of intrigued by the Long Slide .45s. Does anybody have one and how does it shoot?

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by punxsutawneypete
    I have always been kind of intrigued by the Long Slide .45s. Does anybody have one and how does it shoot?
    When shooting bullseye, I had a friend who owned both a .45 & .38 Special long slde, wish I'd of bought them both at his passing. Both shot like radar guns very accurate.
    Steve

Posts liked by others
    I would be a bit cautious about ridiculing Clark Custom Guns or Jim Clark Sr. Judging by the web site they are able to be a bit selective with business right now. As it has been for the last 55 yrs or so, anyone can purchase a gun capable of National Championship level competition from them! They continue to stand by pistols built over all those yrs by bringing them back to top level performance for reasonable charges. They offered to do the same for my aging Giles Colt .45...treating it as one of theirs out of respect for the abilities of another of the "grand old BE 'smiths".
    A friend introduced me to James Sr many yrs ago @ Perry. He treated me, a nobody, as if I were an equal. A Champion and a gentleman.
    Long Slides.
    These pistols were especially popular in the '60's & 70's. The arrival of the Mark II & III Aimpoints eliminated the need for the extra sight radius and the scpoes weight, 14 oz w/o batteries, made a very heavy gun! In those days the AMTU was pretty much leading the way and they were using 5" guns with slide mounted red dots, usually Aimpoints, another factor against the longslides.
    Saying the "longslides" shot like radar guns was not much of an exaggeration!
    Several of the Clark family members are top shooters in their own rite today.
    Ron
    Distinguished Service Pistol, Bullseye Master

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluffton45
    As it has been for the last 55 yrs or so, anyone can purchase a gun capable of National Championship level competition from them! They continue to stand by pistols built over all those yrs by bringing them back to top level performance for reasonable charges. They offered to do the same for my aging Giles Colt .45...treating it as one of theirs out of respect for the abilities of another of the "grand old BE 'smiths".
    I have a bunch of Giles pistols. What kind of work will Clark Custom Guns do and what kind of turnaround time is involved?

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by punxsutawneypete
    I have a bunch of Giles pistols. What kind of work will Clark Custom Guns do and what kind of turnaround time is involved?
    Pete,
    I'm sure Clark's will explain if you give them a call.
    Ron
    Distinguished Service Pistol, Bullseye Master

Posts liked by others
    I have a Jim Sr. BE wad gun and although I do not compete with the exception of some club PPC matches it is almost spiritual in that when the trigger breaks I know where my bullet has gone.

Denny.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast