Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: So Many Choices?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

So Many Choices?

Howdy friends, well here goes another of those questions about what and why.
    I am eye-balling a Remington R1 very, very hard. I read other threads and Forums, and just like all you get the, its a piece of junk to the best ever made. I have read quite alot about this pistola and I do like what I read and I was just wondering, does anyone have a say about their dealings w/this new kid on the block? The gun not the Mfg of course.
    I am one of those fellas who lean hard toward the ole school .45, you know that 1911 GI look. And this one is just such. I welcome all comments and advice, of which I have seen from here is wise and informative.
    An armed man is a citizen, while an unarmed man is a subject!

Posts liked by others
    Well the thread took as of now 81 hits w/o a comment? So used my judgment and went ahead and purchased a Remington R1..........smart decision, thank you.

Posts liked by others
    Sorry that you did not receive a response! However, the Remington R1 is a recent entry in 1911's. And, your question being specific to owners of the R1, there are very, very few who could have responded.

Enjoy your R1, and do fill us in on the Remington 1911.
    Certified NRA Instructor Pistol & Shotgun
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    "There Is No Greater High Than Defeating Armed Felons" Rich-D

Posts liked by others
    We need a photo for proof of purchase and a range report to support your good judgement.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich-D
    Sorry that you did not receive a response! However, the Remington R1 is a recent entry in 1911's. And, your question being specific to owners of the R1, there are very, very few who could have responded.

Enjoy your R1, and do fill us in on the Remington 1911.
    Oh, sorry if I sounded like a snob, that was not my intent, and as you have pointed out not many here have reported....so I will have the honor to do so. Thanks for your reply sir.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by tekarra
    We need a photo for proof of purchase and a range report to support your good judgement.
    Sorry, but I am waiting on the R1 to be shipped to my LGD, purchased from GunBroker.com, meaning the auto will come from across the country to me.
    I have added a photo of the Remington R1, just not mine.

Last edited by RGHensley; 19th February 2013 at 19:20.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by RGHensley
    Oh, sorry if I sounded like a snob, that was not my intent, and as you have pointed out not many here have reported....so I will have the honor to do so. Thanks for your reply sir.
    Snob, no way! A member with an unanswered question, yep!

Best of Luck!
    Rich
    Certified NRA Instructor Pistol & Shotgun
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    "There Is No Greater High Than Defeating Armed Felons" Rich-D

Rio Vista Slim Guest

Pryor to the latest panic, I was in my local gun shop when a fellow bought a stainless steel rendition of the Remington R1 pistol.

After reading the OP's post, I asked the shop owner about whether he had talked to the new gun owner since his purchase.

He stated the guy was very pleased with his pistol, but discouraged in his inability to find any ammunition to shoot through it. My LGS DOES have .45 ACP in stock, but has had to limit sales to two 50 round boxes per visit. He has NOT raised prices!

Posts liked by others

1911 R1

My R1 has 550 rounds thru it today, near flawless with only one hang up. Multiple mags and ammo thru it with no problems except the one FTF.