Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taurus Warranty (Or Lack Thereof)

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    He already showed that by confusing the magazine catch for the slide stop.
    I was referring to the first rep, the lady, who said that a slide stop is a restricted part and that replacing it requires disassembly beyond what the owner should attempt. I'm guessing that means that anything beyond field-stripping is verboten.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Due to the same type of situation with another manufacture over a broken hammer hook, I took a month and I watched every piece on 1911 maintenance I could.

I learned everything I could possibly learn about maintaining the 1911 myself.

Then I rebuild my 1911 with parts from the parts houses, Midway, Brownells, and various others, Wilson, Brown, etc.

I new have a Ultra size carry gun that is truly mine. Only three things remain on it that were OEM and they have all had some bit of tuning to them.

My PT1911 is slowly getting the same treatment, but it shoots so dang well right not I wouldn't change a thing. But I also no longer see the need to send my 1911's in to the company.

Give a man a fish he'll eat for a day, Teach that man to fish he'll never go hungry.
    Same principle. Give a warranty and the gun is good till it breaks, learn all you can about it, and fix it your self, save the hassle.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by patriotic
    Stop and think about it; Taurus has a lifetime warranty. You have a broken slide-stop and want Taurus to send you a replacement for free. OK what is to say that slide-stop they send you isn’t going into another 1911 made by someone else? Taurus has to protect themselves otherwise they will be providing free parts for anybody’s 1911. Restricted part means they have to know the broken part is one of theirs and not all parts have a serial number.

Doubt this would ever play out, not many 1911 owners are going to look to Taurus for parts for another brand of 1911. I certainly wouldn't, and if I needed a part for a Taurus 1911, it would likely be from someone like Wilson, and I would be awfully upset if it couldn't be made to fit.

Posts liked by others
    Don't own a Taurus 1911 but I've never had to deal with Taurus customer service myself (all 4 of my Tauri have had zero issues).

I have known a few people who've had to deal with them, and other then slow service (return shipping and wait time for parts) and none of them has had any real issues with them.

In a case where you are talking to someone who doesn't seem to know their azz from their elbow, I'd suggest asking to speak to someone else or call back and hope you don't get the same person and as much as it stinks, it's not uncommon to have people in customer service not really know anything about the product they are dealing with.
    When Guns Are Outlawed
    Only Outlaws Will Have Guns

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12