Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New AC II

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    notice any parts that would eventually give way after shooting thousands of rounds? the only parts ive replace on my firestorm so far is the strut and extractor. after more than 1500 rounds the extractor became slightly loose although no major stoppages so far i went ahead and replaced it. then my strut broke maybe attributed to constant dry fire drills. the stock barrel i replaced it with a barsto. then placed the firestorm barrel to my armscor fsps because its standing lug broke after 3000 rounds a little more or less.

Posts liked by others
    Only thing I've noticed is the finish on the main spring housing wasn't the best look a little worn for a newer gun. That being said, it didn't cost me $1300 either.
    http://www.gun-politics.org/
    Gulf of Tonkin Yacht Club 72-73

Posts liked by others
    I do not intend to thread jack but here is my ACII. Bought it today and the test fire casing was dated 3/5/2013. I have not shot it yet. I plan to on saturday. BTW my family is from Bicol area (naga/legazpi) Philippines. Im 1st gen US born living in PA.

Posts liked by others
    Nice pistols. Any modications you planned so far on your american classics?
    The 1911 is an aficionado's weapon, and has a place in the modern arsenal for those who are dedicated to it. With proper setup and maintenance, the 1911 can serve you well. -Hilton Yam

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by PH.eagle
    Nice pistols. Any modications you planned so far on your american classics?
    No mods planned. However, I would like to know if I can uses regular Hoppes #9 on this hard chrome pistol? Also Is it ok to shoot wolf steel case ammo? Are the factory Act-Mag really that bad?

Thanks

Posts liked by others
    Hoppe's No9 is not recommended on nickel finishes, because (if I understand this correctly) it hurts the underlying layer of copper that these finishes have. Hard chrome doesn't involve using copper, so feel free to use it.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyros
    Hoppe's No9 is not recommended on nickel finishes, because (if I understand this correctly) it hurts the underlying layer of copper that these finishes have. Hard chrome doesn't involve using copper, so feel free to use it.

Very good, this is my first non parkerized/blued weapon and im not to knowledgeable on SS and nickel. Ive read too many post with contradictory information and also was not sure if there was any copper in the American Classic II SS finish.

THanks for the quick reply. I hope to learn more on this forum.

Posts liked by others

I don't know how I got into this mess of buying something other than Colt but I did.

It was an impulse buy because when I held it and worked it and sighted it and pulled the trigger on an empty chamber I wanted it and took it home totally in shock to my belief you get what you pay for thinking once I got it home it would do some stupid thing like malfunction or shoot so far off point of aim or fail to feed or eject or any other usual nightmare you get when you pay for a "cheap" copy of a REAL COLT.

Okay. So I shot it in my backyard and it was dead on and functioning perfectly on target as if the gun was meant to be shot in MY hands. I used Win White Box 230 FMC and Win White Box 230 JHPs all to same point of aim and perfect function. I loaded the single ACT-MAG (Italy) without trying another magazine at all to see if I COULD GET THE PISTOL TO DO SOMETHING LESS THAN A COLT and it did not.

Right out of the box this Metroarms from the Philippines would not prove me wrong to buy it instead of a REAL Colt.

It's not the II version it's an earlier version I think since II comes after the first kind without a roman numeral. Serial number is A12-05657 Code ACC45C.

It has a chrome finish but I think it is actually Ni finish.

Rifling twists the bullet COUNTER CLOCKWISE like REAL COLTS! I can't think of a better "copy" Colt than this one!

For a LOT LESS than the real thing!

Posts liked by others
    I guess it is "hard chrome" instead of Ni. It's kind of classic in the since the 1950's cars had chromed bumpers. Another retro thing here.

Fired cases are showing the indent of the firing pin strike a bit off center. I've seen this before with no ill effect. No damage of brass fired from this gun at all. I can reload for it but I always buy factory for all of my semi autos anyway.

You can tell signs of early ejection of a cartridge from an auto by a firing pin scrape on the fired primer but no such case here. This gun fires locked and ejects in the most expedient reliable fashion.

All my cases and case mouths are circular concentric. No denting or deformation.

I keep all fired cases even though I don't reload for semi auto. Another thing. All the cases landed behind me to the right three yards behind me in a pile. Whether 230 FMJ or JHP.

Posts liked by others
    em2b96p and SPQRII; all I can say is WOW!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast