Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Finally an Ed Brown!

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Mine is black over stealth gray with black controls. Came with frame matching controls but only a single-side frame safety and the ambidextrous is not available in gray so I fitted a black slide stop and magazine catch as well. Brown suggested sending the pistol back so they could re-coat the frame and controls in a matching color. Despite the cost this is still a working pistol. Finish is already wearing off the slide so Gen 3 must be pretty soft. Yours looks unfired?

-- Chuck

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
    Mine is black over stealth gray with black controls. Came with frame matching controls but only a single-side frame safety and the ambidextrous is not available in gray so I fitted a black slide stop and magazine catch as well. Brown suggested sending the pistol back so they could re-coat the frame and controls in a matching color. Despite the cost this is still a working pistol. Finish is already wearing off the slide so Gen 3 must be pretty soft. Yours looks unfired?

-- Chuck
    It's been fired, granted only 25 rounds by me, but the guy I got it from carried it and fired about 1000 through it. Still looks great, little holster wear around the muzzle.
    I do have another EB I haven't fired yet. Wat behind on my range time.

Posts liked by others
    Just realized yours has the conventional frame. Mine is bobtailed (like my Kobra Carry).

-- Chuck

Posts liked by others
    Just realized yours has the conventional frame. Mine is bobtailed (like my Kobra Carry).

-- Chuck
    Yep, stock frame, my second EB has the bobtail.

Posts liked by others
    Here's the "stealth grey" and black version with the bobtailed frame. Pretty. Still a working gun. Still not "perfect" from the factory.

Thin grips, ambidextrous frame safety, extended magazine catch, and slide stop added or swapped out. The safety was stealth grey on the stock pistol but not available in that color from the factory so the slide stop and mag catch were added in black purely for cosmetic purposes. Fluff but I know it's fluff!

-- Chuck

Posts liked by others
    Here's the "stealth grey" and black version with the bobtailed frame. Pretty. Still a working gun. Still not "perfect" from the factory.

Thin grips, ambidextrous frame safety, extended magazine catch, and slide stop added or swapped out. The safety was stealth grey on the stock pistol but not available in that color from the factory so the slide stop and mag catch were added in black purely for cosmetic purposes. Fluff but I know it's fluff!

-- Chuck
    I'll take it. LOL

Gunslingers has the SF II in stock.
    http://www.migunslingers.com/

Posts liked by others
    Awesome trade. Congratulations on the new Ed Brown.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123