Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Our movie star

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries

Our movie star

Our movie actor, Alex, just participated in his first movie shooting.

Hopefully, he will appear in an American movie, which is filmed in Greece right now, called "The Two Faces of January", directed by Hossein Amini, based on a novel written by Patricia Highsmith and starring Kirsten Dunst, Viggo Mortensen and Oscar Isaac.

Alex played a small (very small) part today, in the scenes shot in Aerides, in Monastiraki.

Here is a link to the movie http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1976000/ and below you can find some pictures I shot.

The ... actor, dressed with clothes appropriate for the era, 1964, with his brother and mother.

Making faces, while waiting with the other actors, to move to the shooting area.

Thank God, not all participating actors were as hungry as Alex.

Making faces!

Investigating an old Volvo.

Alex with his "mother". Their role was to walk a short distance while talking to each other.

Alex with Oscar Isaac, one of the stars of the movie.

It was the first time I watched how a movie is shot and believe me, it's an enormous effort. You won't believe the number of people who were near the area where the shooting was done. There were perhaps more than 300 people around!
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org
    Last edited by John; 18th October 2012 at 01:09.

Posts liked by others
    Fantastic! I hope he hits the "Big Time"!
    Wouldn't it be nice to have a rich and famous son support you in retirement.
    Beauty is skin deep but ugly goes right to the bone.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I can hope!!!

And here are the two other stars of the movie, picture from justjared.com.

John Caradimas SV1CEC

Rio Vista Slim Guest

Quote Originally Posted by John
    It was the first time I watched how a movie is shot and believe me, it's an enormous effort. You won't believe the number of people who were near the area where the shooting was done. There were perhaps more than 300 people around!
    John is not kidding with this statement. To the uninitiated, movie and T.V. production is a massive undertaking.

When "Walker, Texas Ranger" was in its first season, three episodes were partially filmed on my former employer's railroad property. I was a technical advisor/liason with the production company. It was an unbelievable but very educational experience.

Congratulations to Alex. I'll be looking forward to the release of the movie!

Posts liked by others
    My-my, that's a bored-looking Alex (2nd and 4th pictures)!

Congratulations, and here's to many more!
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio Vista Slim
    Congratulations to Alex. I'll be looking forward to the release of the movie!
    Thanks guys. And Steve, do not hold your breath, the release will take place some time in December 2013. They've just started filming it this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyros
    My-my, that's a bored-looking Alex (2nd and 4th pictures)!
    You have met Alex, what did you expect him to be, when he has to stay at one place for almost a whole morning, with nothing to do (except tease the other kids and his brother)? Add the fact that for several minutes we had to be totally quiet, so he couldn't even talk, and you'll understand that he wasn't a happy camper. He is however very enthusiastic about the money he'll get paid, he has already planned how he'll spend it. LoRL
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    Last edited by John; 19th October 2012 at 09:09.

Posts liked by others
    eXXXcellent John! did he get a SAG card?

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Neither of us know what a SAG card is John, so I can safely say that he didn't get one.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Posts liked by others
    SAG = Screen Actors Guild.
    Beauty is skin deep but ugly goes right to the bone.