Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, TandemKros or Tekmat, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Remington R1 Enhanced

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?

Remington R1 Enhanced

I haven't seen much comments on the Remington R1 Enhanced over the net but I decided to try it out.

The underlying thought - what could possibly go wrong with a 1911? A design that has been around since time immemorial?

In this case - NOTHING.

I got the unit and cleaned it.

I aimed and shot it at 25 yards, and it hit the target spot on. Quite impressive actually, that I did not have to adjust anything at all. The only failures I had were from an over loaded batch of cheap FMJ ammunition. The load was too powerful it blew the primers off the casing, caused some fte and left chunks of primer on the follower. I changed brands and no more problems.

I've fired 300 rounds so far and I'm very pleased with it. Thank you, Remington. You did not disappoint.

Posts liked by others
    Just purchased one my self a few days ago,love it !!!!

Posts liked by others
    I've had mine for over a year, and it's performed perfect every time.

Only issue i've ever had was the optical rod disappered at the range. contacted Remington and they sent out a new front sight right away.

Good gun, great service

Posts liked by others
    I have not shot mine. My only complaint is the rear of the ejector not flush fit against the rear of the slide. Aesthetic so to speak.

Posts liked by others
    This is good to read as I have been baulking because of complaints on various forums.

Posts liked by others

Icon17 getting mine.

I will be getting a 1911r1 enhanced next week. This will be my first 1911.

Posts liked by others
    Have 400+ rounds thru my R1E, it is impressive - shoots as well as my SW Pro Series... I too had to super glue the fiber rod back in, but it has shot everything I have fed it and runs silky smooth. Pleasantly surprised every time I shoot it - definitely a keeper!

Posts liked by others
    Two weeks ago, I took my wife to the gun shop and bought her a brand new R1S. Now we both have matching 1911s except hers is stainless and mine is blued. I must admit, she really loves it and can shoot it well right out of the box.
    I'm not as much of a gun enthusiast as I am a "I don't want to be killed by a thug in the street enthusiast".

Posts liked by others

R1 enhanced

I love my R1e!! I got mine with the TB for suppressor use. it is absolutely a tack driving pistol and one of my best shooting suppressor hosts. After 100 rds mostly suppressed its 100% so far. Sights are spot on also which is nice.