Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The 2012 Caradimas Family vacations

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Ah, I didn't see that! When the boat was going out in the evening, I was busy trying to arrange where everyone would sleep, what we'll have to eat for the evening, making sure the kids would know the cabin number, procuring some wine for the evening, etc. etc.

I didn't go out until we were quite away from Chania, to smoke a cigarette, and check out the wind.

Oh and here is one of the very few pictures I have, where I am located in front of the camera, instead of the back, Spyros took it.

Here is another one that Jim took, while I was sitting on the balkony enjoying the view. This kid will become a good photographer.

There are a couple more, that Lena shot at the beach with the goats, but my ... belly is showing, so I do not dare post them.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org
    Last edited by John; 2nd September 2012 at 08:10.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Here are some more pictures at Chania, an hour or so before the ship left the harbor.

Spyro, remember what I told you about how packed the ship was that night? Well, that queue you see there, was before the big mass of travelers arrived. After about 10 minutes, you could see the queue reaching out of the port gate, three columns wide.

Photography-wise, for those interested, the majority of the pictures taken in Crete, were shot with the D300 and the 18-200mm lens, a great all-around combination (590 pics to be exact). About 60 of them were shot with the Fuji X-100, and the rest (about 100) with the D700. All in all, about 750 pictures.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    Last edited by John; 2nd September 2012 at 08:51.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Spyro, remember what I told you about how packed the ship was that night? Well, that queue you see there, was before the big mass of travelers arrived. After about 10 minutes, you could see the queue reaching out of the port gate, three columns wide.
    So, you're happy I told you to get there early, eh?

Souda looks so... busy in these pictures, and it is, but for some reason I love it...
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Of course and I was happy! We were safely in our cabin within minutes from entering the ship, when the storm hit the front desk! I've never seen a ship so loaded. There were people everywhere, every little space was taken up, not just the big lounges, but every little space. People were sleeping on the floor, on couches, on chairs, everywhere.

As for Souda, it was a big recompensation for me, as you know I hadn't been able to go take some pictures alone all the time we stayed there. So the evening at Souda gave me the opportunity to take some lovely shots.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12