Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: My CD 1911 racegun

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

My CD 1911 racegun

I am new to this site, But just about finished the build of my first racegun from a CD 1911. So far I have had a match grade trigger, Hammer, Sear, barrel with comp installed. Trigger job has been done and now she has a nice 3 pound trigger pull. Dove tail safety has been pined down. Feed ramp has been polished. 2 piece adjustable guide rod installed, new grips and finger grove insert installed. reflex sight and mount installed. Racking handle custom made by my gun smith installed. Wilson combat mag well installed. slide and frame has been lapped. all that I can think of now to do is install a extended mag release, witch I have order and waiting for it to arrive. I have to say that using a CD to build this gun has been a great choice. After all the work that has been done it is avery bit as good as a Kimber or any other high priced 1911 on the market. With the price I paid for the CD 1911 base gun and all the parts and labor. I still have less then what a stock Kimber cost. I have really enjoyed building this pistol and it has out preformed many 1911 that have cost some of my friends 1000 more then what I have invested in this pistol so far.
    Thanks
    James "Tank" Underwood

Posts liked by others
    Hey James....nice work! She looks real good from here.
    Beauty is skin deep but ugly goes right to the bone.

Posts liked by others
    Tank,

Nice Work! I have a CD 1911 and have been very happy with it. A rented Kimber made me love 1911's and my CD is just as nice to shoot.

Thanks for posting the pics!

Meridian

Posts liked by others
    Fine looking pistol James.
    Last edited by tekarra; 11th August 2012 at 13:00.

Posts liked by others
    Great looking build tank. How are you doin in comp?
    "If you have nothing to die for, what do you have to live for?"

Posts liked by others
    Welcome, Tank.

If you look through some old CD threads, you will see several others who built competition guns on Dailys...and most of them say they outshoot the big name and big money 1911's...and last nearly forever doing it.

They are great pistols.

mark