Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Umarex Walther P-99

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Umarex Walther P-99

I recently purchased a Umarex Walther P-99 fixed slide 6mm airsoft pistol, mostly because I've always liked the looks of the P-99.

I really like this offering. It's probably the best airsoft pistol I've ever owned, and I've had several.

While made in Japan by Marushin, the pistol is designed for easily obtained green gas, not the less poweful and difficult to find hfc-134 used by most domestic market Japanese airsoft guns. Since the fixed slide does not use gas for blow back, you can figure on being able to empty two full 27 round magazines before having to recharge with gas.

The trigger pull is a long, easy double action motion, easily controlled. Accuracy is really excellent, the best I've ever encountered with any airsoft gun. Hop-up is easily adjusted with a small screwdriver. The safety is incorporated into what is the take down catch on the real P-99; just push from side to side to engage or disengage the safety.

The pistol is quite light, but has nice heft and balance with the magazine installed. The external finish perfectly mimics that of the real gun, and with its full markings and trademarks looks very realistic indeed. Standard Walther laser aiming point and flashlight attachments will fit the under barrel rail, along with various reproductions of these items intended for airsoft use.

I can find no drawbacks to Marushin's fixed slide P-99 airsoft pistol except possibly that it isn't cheap, being about $149 US when you can find it discounted. I've had no problems with mine, and can recommend these highly.
    Last edited by tsmgguy; 11th June 2012 at 12:38.