Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Volkmann Precision 9mm

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Volkmann Precision 9mm

I was back up at Luke's place week before last, and he had completed the 9mm prototype that I saw in progress during my last visit in March. He asked me if I wanted to be the first person to shoot a Volkmann 9mm besides him and his girlfriend, so I said, "Well, lemme think about that for a minute . . ."

No, what I REALLY said was, "Heck YES I do!"

So I did!

The Volkmann 9 is based on a full-sized Signature and shoots like a dream. We were using Wilson mags as the Volkmann mags are not ready yet, and shooting American Eagle 124 gr ammo.

We headed up to the plate rack next to the shoot house behind his home and tore it up. Imagine a soft-shooting full-sized 9mm with Luke's incredible fit and lockup. Yowza!!

Afterwards we had a couple of steaks and filled out my order sheet. I'm getting a single loaded full-boat frame with TWO slides - one with target sights (for shooting stock IDPA and USPSA) and one with either a Leupold DeltaPoint or Trijicon RMR milled into the slide with no other sights on that slide for a sleek, clean look. Both slides will have matching custom engraving.

Anyway, the proof, as they say, is in the pudding, so here are some pix of the first ever Volkmann Precision 9mm:

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    One of the loveliest pistols I've seen. Luke is an artist and a 1911 in 9mm is a sweet shooting pistol.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Very nice pistol!

I e-mailed Mr. Volkman a long time ago, asking if a 9mm version of his pistols was in his plans, he then said no, but he had people ask him once in a while, so time would tell... and I guess it did!
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Luke is sensitive to his customers' needs, and he does listen! He recieved enough inquiries about 9mm firearms (including yours!) that he decided to build a prototype to investigate adapting a 9mm barrel, magazine, bushing set, springs, etc. to his frames and slides. It was such a success that he made the decision to offer 9mm as an option for customers who might be interested.

Believe me when I tell you that shooting a Volkmann 9 is suh-weet!

Luke is aware of this forum and he does check in from time to time. When I was there a couple weeks ago, we logged in so that he could check out all the kind words you guys are saying about both the man and his gorgeous hand made shootin' irons.

Filmy

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Luke is a gentleman and a friend.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Posts liked by others
    The Volkmann 9mm is impressive. I have a Combat Carry on order and can hardly wait.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for posting the pics. Very nice
    Best Regards,

Jeff

Posts liked by others
    Really terrific ! I am interest in a 9MM and decided not to jump on Ed Brown's latest Special Edition Special Forces. The Volkmann looks perfect. What is the price, as is?

Posts liked by others
    That's really a nice looking pistol. The entire pistol is perfect. All lines perfect whether straight or curved. And the finish, go gosh is it nice...and perfect too. Even color, no shading or uneven thickness/heavyness. And the grips just flow into the entire package. Simply outstanding.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    We are ready to publish our review of the Volkmann 9mm in the E-zine, any day now. Stay tuned.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast