Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PT 1911 duo tone, my first 1911

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    also im sure im bound to take some flack for the gsg but after 400 rounds i never had a single issue with it no feed problems nvr jammed my only complaint is that its off to the right bout a inch at 100ft but ill be fixing that with a few parts from cwa and better cci ammo, not cheap lead round nose

Posts liked by others
    Why would you get flack about that GSG? It's a single action. It's a 1911! Now...... About that Ruger..........

Just my $.02

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabaster
    Why would you get flack about that GSG? It's a single action. It's a 1911! Now...... About that Ruger..........

well thats a change of pace in the rimfire section everyone seems to be filled with hate and disdain for the lil gsg ive never had a prblem but im also putting cwa parts in it so i never have problems from the start and theres another comapany selling +1 base pads for it.

now the ruger i expected flack for but its 1911 like in the basic design and it was my first pistol so it is what it is.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by snoplow
    also im sure im bound to take some flack for the gsg but after 400 rounds i never had a single issue with it no feed problems nvr jammed my only complaint is that its off to the right bout a inch at 100ft but ill be fixing that with a few parts from cwa and better cci ammo, not cheap lead round nose
    If all your shots are landing 1" right , I would think that you probably need to adjust your sights, By the way did you have to alter the hammer to fit your conversion ?

Shoot safe, shoot straight, and have fun

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuba
    If all your shots are landing 1" right , I would think that you probably need to adjust your sights, By the way did you have to alter the hammer to fit your conversion ?

Shoot safe, shoot straight, and have fun

conversion? u mean putting the wilson hammer in my pt? no it just dropped right in. ive yet to find a part that didnt drop right on or in as it were.

also hung more stuff on the gsg here how it is now.

cwa full lenght guide rode and bar bushing along with spring and spring cap and a gsg supp adapter

Last edited by snoplow; 29th August 2012 at 19:01.

Posts liked by others
    What technique did you use to polish the slides. Looks good, could you take some close up pics?

I realize this is a dated thread, but thought I'd toss out a line.
    Last edited by volvit; 17th February 2013 at 08:07.

Posts liked by others
    i started with 800 grit paper sanded it down moved to 1500 went on sanding, moved to 2000 grit then 3000 grit to finish it. just using a saning block and 3m paper.

Posts liked by others
    ill get some pics here in a little bit.

Posts liked by others
    well heres a updated pic, i put in a swith & wesson hammer that was $8 thru midway and the trigger pull is very near the same as the wilson ultra skeleton and almost looks alike. just need to order one more useless barrel bushing comp to make em alike. also new grips on the gsg and dipped the slide so it wasnt a gsg billboard anymore

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12