Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moronic decisions.....

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    ...it's never good to argue with the lady of the house."

Certainly this is the best on-going issue here! I have to apologize John. I am still laughing. Don't be angry with me. I can't help it. Just doing the same thing with the grand kids. Uh, hmm, maybe I'm really crying and not laughing. Oh well, life goes on. Glad to see in the video the dog found someplace to hide.

Posts liked by others
    ...and how does the lady of the house feel about screeching 2-strokes, now that she's heard two of them?
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Well, the poor dogs are so miserable with these things! They do not know where to hide, most of the time. They jump out of their way, as if it was devil itself running after them. Wolf, the big one, wanted to go to the storage house we have, just to stay away from them. The smaller one is usually hiding under the BBQ.

As for the lady of the house, she doesn't have a big issue, she is either in the house or not here. Guess who has to listen to that music!?!?

And God, I hate those starter things they have. They use a string to start them, and the handle they have at the end is killing my fingers! Thank God I had some Mechanix gloves that I use to reduce the pain. Why couldn't those Chinese add a small starter motor?!?!?! Or the other thing, how do you call it? The kick start?!?!?
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    P.S.2: And for those interested, these are powered by a 2-stroke, 49cc engines, with an auto gear box. Disk brakes on both front and rear wheels and a single rear shock absorber with coaxial spring.
    I'm always interested in "bikes." In fact, on the way home from work I was stopped at a traffic light next to a fairly new Triumph, and we don't see many of those here in Harley Heaven. It reminded me that when I was in school in Philadelphia I dearly wanted one of what was then Triumph's 500-cc twin. Don't remember what they called it -- Daytona, perhaps?

Back to the twins -- are you certain those little bikes have automatic transmissions, with multiple gears, etc.? They aren't just a one-speed drive with a centrifugal clutch?

Now you know, John, why we Americans refer to the female mate as SWMBO*

* She Who Must Be Obeyed
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Now that you mention it, I do not think they have any gears at all. So you must be right about it, they just do the same noise, only it changes in pitch as the RPMs go up.

And yes, She Who Must Be Obayed is international.

Don't forget my fuel pump, or SWMBO will make me pay 600€ for one locally.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    at a traffic light next to a fairly new Triumph, and we don't see many of those here in Harley Heaven. It reminded me that when I was in school in Philadelphia I dearly wanted one of what was then Triumph's 500-cc twin. Don't remember what they called it -- Daytona, perhaps?
    That was the Bonneville

Be safe
    Dave
    Maybe not the sharpest tack in the box......but not dull!
    Last edited by AOCM.RET; 20th April 2012 at 17:18.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by AOCM.RET
    That was the Bonneville
    I'm pretty certain the Bonneville was the 650 twin.

Yep ==> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triumph_Bonneville

And it looks like the 500 was the Daytona ==> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZeFN7vyjYA
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    I didn't see the pix or video of John riding the things....but I know they must exist.....c'mon John, fess up!
    Beauty is skin deep but ugly goes right to the bone.

Posts liked by others
    You can't kill her. You may need someone to pin the blame on.
    Lynnie, "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. "
    - Albert Camus

Rio Vista Slim Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Frank
    Just think, in a few more years they'll be shaving their heads and wearing leather jackets with the sleeves cut off. How do you say "[prohibited word for the devil's domain] Angels" in Greek?
    I "resemble" that remark!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    I'm always interested in "bikes." In fact, on the way home from work I was stopped at a traffic light next to a fairly new Triumph, and we don't see many of those here in Harley Heaven. It reminded me that when I was in school in Philadelphia I dearly wanted one of what was then Triumph's 500-cc twin. Don't remember what they called it -- Daytona, perhaps?
    I never got over my lust for Triumphs..............so, when they re-introduced the retro-look Bonneville, I got one.

As for your boys and their new "bikes", it looks as though they're having some great times!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast