Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

• Section Widget

• Categories Widget (Show All)

• Recent Articles

• 1911 Sear modification to prevent interference with the disconnector

This is from a 40+ year old article in the American Rifleman detailing what was done at Springfield Armory (the Army one) to build guns for the National Matches:

Note how this method leaves the outer portions of the legs intact to avoid (I think) what Tuner mentioned.

Regards
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Sear modification to prevent interference with the disconnector started by niemi24s View original post
    Comments 2 Comments
      saltydog -
      I don't know if I caqn navigate this new, not better, format, but thanks for the post. It is, if I can do it, go into my 'folder' on 'Neimi dwgs'.

Thanks again,

salty
      saltydog -
      Whoop!

It seems as though I really can reply now.

sd.

Sponsors Panel
    If you intend to buy something from Brownells, please use their banners above. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
    If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Non-gun-related supporters.
    Thank you for visiting our supporters.