Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger SR1911 review in our E-zine

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries

Ruger SR1911 review in our E-zine

Please use this thread to discuss our review of the new Ruger SR1911, which we just published in our E-zine.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Great article Walt, congratulations!
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    DISCLAIMER: Both test shooters were handicapped during the accuracy test session, one with a broken strong hand little finger, the other with corrective lenses that did not permit a sharp front sight picture.
    Testify brother! Ever since I got my last pair of specs my front sight is real fuzzy and has no light around it at all.

Great review. I'm not crazy about "riding the link" but time will tell if it holds up. The rest of the gun seems well thought out.
    "The 1911 was the design, given by God to us through John M. Browning, that represents the epitome of what a killing tool needs to be. It was true in 1911 and it's true now." - Col. Robert Coates commanding, U.S. Marine Corp Special Operations Command Detachment 1 (DET 1)

Posts liked by others

Specs

Mr. Garret,

I have a solution to the fuzzy front sight issue that may interest you. It took a few tries but I got it pretty well beat now. PM me if you are interested.

Gord

Posts liked by others

Thanks John!.

Very well done article!.

Posts liked by others

modifications?

Thank you for this very useful review! Your description increases my confidence level in this pistol. There was mention of modifications. Although it is not a Match Pistol, I still wonder it would amenable to an UltraDot? What would be involved in mounting one?
    Jim

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Exactly the same things that would be required to mount the UltraDot in any other 1911.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others

Vision issues

Quote Originally Posted by hercster
    Mr. Garret,

I have a solution to the fuzzy front sight issue that may interest you. It took a few tries but I've got it pretty well beat now. PM me if you are interested.

Gord
    Several people have indicated an interest in what I use as eye wear when I'm shooting. I thought the best way to lay out the idea would be by a new thread called "Vision Issues" in the General Discussion area.

Here's a link. I hope it is useful.

Gord

http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.ph...438#post865438

Posts liked by others
    Good article. Well done, congrats.
    The only thing I didn't care for when I handled the guns was that the mainspring housing stands out proud from the frame a bit much for me. It would make the checkered housing a bit more noticeable and perhaps less pleasant than a housing that was made flush like the ones on Colt's & Les Baer's.
    Lynnie, "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. "
    - Albert Camus

Posts liked by others
    Very well written article with good technical information.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast