Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Volkmann Combat Custom review in our E-zine

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries

Volkmann Combat Custom review in our E-zine

Please use this thread to discuss the review we just published in our E-zine, of the Volkmann Combat Custom Railed pistol.

http://ezine.m1911.org/showthread.php?t=33

Thanks
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Congrats Slim, another excellent review!!
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." - Jeff Cooper

Posts liked by others
    I had just about convinced myself I didn't need one of those expensive guns. Excellent review and photos. I'm going to need a bigger piggy bank.

LHS

Posts liked by others
    Great review Steve.

I look forward to our meeting in the coming days.

Stan

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for the review. I thought I was going to be happy with just a Signature, but that notion got blown out of the water after reading your review.

Color of the NP3 finish seemed different in your pictures. The Combatant Carry I ordered in NP3 had a silver gray tone but the pics almost look like it has a gold flesh tone.

Thanks for the tip on breaking down the pistol with the monogram plug. I was able to take mine down with a bushing wrench, but it was a pain to get it back together again using the standard method. I'll have to give it a shot.

Posts liked by others
    Another great review, RVS! I own a Volkmann with the NP3 finish and it is my prized carry arm.

Rio Vista Slim Guest

My thanks to everyone for your very nice comments. With a pistol this good, it's hard to find superlatives to describe it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine24
    Color of the NP3 finish seemed different in your pictures. The Combatant Carry I ordered in NP3 had a silver gray tone but the pics almost look like it has a gold flesh tone.
    My original photos (1600x1200 megapixels) were adjusted for exposure and clarity, prior to moving them to Photobucket. Most of the shots were made outside, on a mostly cloudy day. Unfortunately, there was some minor glare from the sun present. That glare accounts for the "gold flesh tone" you refer to. The color of the NP3 finish is indeed silver/grey.

Posts liked by others
    Steve: Thanks for the clarification. I was thinking Luke was getting a little too "artsy" with his finishes.

Posts liked by others
    Reading all of the great things said about Mr. Volkmann's pistols is really exciting me about receiving my Combat Custom some time in June. I am already trying to decide how to set up a Signature Series. I really want to wait to order one, but with the exposure he is getting, I think his backlog might start to fill up quickly.

Posts liked by others

Thumbs up

Steve,

Great review ! I thought I was just kicking the bug for a custom pistol. I thought the pics were very good. On my computer the finish looked silver grey. I'm thinkin I might be a tinge color blind too.

By the time I save the money to get one of these, Luke will probably have grown his shop to where he is no longer the only smith. I gotta say, I really like the aspect of knowing one very talented guy built the entire gun.

Steve, did the other two mags accept the 7th round after loading the springs for a few days?

Thanks,

Jeff

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast