Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Volkmann Precision 9mm Combat Custom Pistol - review discussion thread

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries

Volkmann Precision 9mm Combat Custom Pistol - review discussion thread

Please use this thread to discuss our review of the Volkmann Precision 9mm Combat Custom Pistol, as it appears in our E-zine.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Thank you very much for the excellent review and pics.
    Fine looking 1911, the owner is going to be very happy!

Is a Volkmann 1911 now considered as a full custom?
    I am also wondering about the waiting queue for one of his masterpieces.

Posts liked by others
    Great review Steve, as ever.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Rio Vista Slim Guest

Thank you Spyros!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhambra
    Thank you very much for the excellent review and pics.
    Fine looking 1911, the owner is going to be very happy!

Is a Volkmann 1911 now considered as a full custom?
    I am also wondering about the waiting queue for one of his masterpieces.
    I always considered Luke's pistols to be "full custom", as he is the only person who does all the work. I would suggest clicking on the Volkmann Precision icon in this section to read how his pistols are made.

While there, you can also get the phone number to his Littleton, CO shop. Luke will be the person who answers the phone, and you can have your questions answered by the guy who builds them.

Thanks also for your kind comments.

Posts liked by others
    Great write up Steve. Luke's pistols are full custom for certain. I own two of them and each one was built exactly to my specifications.

While Luke provides a build sheet for popular options, he will pretty much build it anyway you want. If you can think of it, he can do it.

Steve, a couple points in the article that really gave me an "oh yeah" feeling. Your comments on the gold front site and trigger. I have gold front sites on both my Combatant Carry and my Signature. Without doubt, these are the best front sites I've seen.

Second, I ordered a 3.5 lb trigger on both guns, and that is exactly what I got. Both at 3.5 pounds, not +/- 1/4 lb, but 3.5 lbs.

Luke is now offering his own rear site called a Battlehook. I have one on my Signature. It offers an incredible site picture in combo with the gold bead front.

Last, I just have to echo your words on the level of finish and reliability. IMO, they are worth every penny, and I agree that his work is the best I have seen.

Again Steve, great work
    Best Regards,

Jeff

Posts liked by others
    Excellent review, Steve.

That is one fine looking 1911 pistol, I'm sure the owner is going to be well please with it.

Rio Vista Slim Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WVPreston1911
    Excellent review, Steve.

That is one fine looking 1911 pistol, I'm sure the owner is going to be well please with it.
    Thank you. I have no doubt the new owner is currently enjoying his new pistol.
    Quote Originally Posted by BadaBing11
    Your comments on the gold front site and trigger. I have gold front sites on both my Combatant Carry and my Signature. Without doubt, these are the best front sites I've seen.
    Jeff,

Thanks for the kind comments about the review. The most difficult part of reviewing a Volkmann is condensing the article so it doesn't run 20 pages!

I was amazed at how a gold bead front sight made aiming so much easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by BadaBing11
    Luke is now offering his own rear site called a Battlehook. I have one on my Signature. It offers an incredible site picture in combo with the gold bead front.
    The trademarked "Battlehook" rear sight is very interesting. After seeing pictures of your new "Signature" model from Luke, I'd very much like to try that sight (with the gold dot front, of course) sometime.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio Vista Slim
    The trademarked "Battlehook" rear sight is very interesting. After seeing pictures of your new "Signature" model from Luke, I'd very much like to try that sight (with the gold dot front, of course) sometime.
    Hi Steve,
    Great review! I have a Volkmann 9mm on order and am chomping at the bit until it comes this way sometime next fall.

I also have a Volkmann Combat Carry with the Battlehook and a Trijicon front sight. If you want to give the battlehook a try in that configuration and are willing to drive the short hop down to Bear county let me know.

Rio Vista Slim Guest

Pyrenean,

That's a very kind offer. Should I find myself planning a trip to *Bexar county, I'll certainly get in touch with you.

*To those unfamiliar with Texas, San Antonio is located in Bexar county, which the locals have pronounced "bear" for as long as I can remember.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Texas is one of the States I've never visited. Some day though.....
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast